ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Font Size  (Read 3346 times)

Phil Ouellette

Font Size
« on: April 17, 2004, 08:18:51 AM »

How do I go about increasing the font size that messages are displayed in?  I'm viewing this on a 21" monitor at 1600x1200 resolution and the fonts are so small it's killing my eyes.

I'm using Windows XP, IE-6.  I tried setting 'View'-'Text Size' to largest.  Didn't help a bit.

Am I going to have to change my screen resolution to be able to read the Lab?

Phil
That's "newbiesque" to my friends.

Scott Raymond

Re: Font Size
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 11:15:23 AM »

Phil,

Change your browser!  Smile  Just Kidding.  In IE: Goto Tools, Options.  In the General Tab click Accessibility.  Check the box marked "Ignore Font Sizes Specified on Web Pages. See if that lets you change size.  Worked for me in IE 6.

Monitors can make a difference too.  On my desktop my video card has a bit of a problem and the text is bit fuzzy.  I can't easily read anything that's very small. With Netscape I can change the font size with no problems.  On the Dell Laptop with 1600x1200 I can read it fine with no problem. The screen makes that much difference.  I'm using Mozilla there and have no problem changing font size with it.

Hope that helps!

Dave Stevens

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 03:18:35 PM »

Phil Ouellette wrote on Sat, 17 April 2004 05:18

I'm using Windows XP, IE-6.  I tried setting 'View'-'Text Size' to largest.  Didn't help a bit.

Yep, it's an issue specific to IE.  For whatever reason the fine folks that build browsers across the lake up here decided not to follow the same standard as everyone else.  Ernie has the specifics, but basically IE isn't supporting some CSS tags in the way other browsers do.  They are supposed to fix it in the Longhorn released, but that is sometime away.  Mozilla or Netscape on Wintel do have that problem, nor do Mac or Linux platforms.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Phil Ouellette

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 08:59:01 PM »

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have been putting up with tiny fonts for far to long.  My 45 year old eyes were getting mighty tired trying to read them.  They were clear on my monitor, just mighty small.

Thanks again.

Phil
That's "newbiesque" to my friends.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.