Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews: Sound Reinforcement FUD Forum Archive

effects

(1/2) > >>

david423:
I was wondering if you guys had anything to say about the alesis midiverb effects unit. I have seen it used a little bit. But the current rig that i work with uses all Lexicon effects. About the only difference i have seen was the lack of a tap button on the alesis. What is the best effects unit out there?

Michael Prasuhn:
david423 wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 17:34
I was wondering if you guys had anything to say about the alesis midiverb effects unit. I have seen it used a little bit. But the current rig that i work with uses all Lexicon effects. About the only difference i have seen was the lack of a tap button on the alesis. What is the best effects unit out there?

Well, do you like those Lexicon effects? Lexicon is a very standard name for effects in this business. Although there are others, it is one of the top names. They do produce a very wide range of products from multi-thousand dollar studio effects units to 100-200 dollar low end units. My opinion of them as always been positive, and I have found the audio quality on even their lowest end units to be quite good, although limited in features.

Alesis on the other hand produces an acceptable product for some levels (some may argue with me here). But what you will notice is that Alesis has no high end effects processing used in pro audio similar to Lexicon. I believe on that level alone, you can exclude the Alesis from your consideration for all but the most basic and extremely limited budgets possible.

-Mikey P

david423:
Yes I do like the lexicon and would advise anyone who asked me to go with them. I am just trying to learn more about brands and basically the entire audio business. Lots of people ask me advice, so i figured, why not ask the people that really know my questions. Thanks.

Greg Koepke:
Lexicon is indeed a great company that produces great effects, however in my expience I prefer TC Electronics.  They make outstanding effect units and are lower in price than the Lexicons and of better quality.  The reverbs are so transparent they make Alesis sound like a cheap attempt at producing such effects.  The M300 is awesome for the price but I really enjoy Fireworx processor but with a big jump is price as well!  Hope this helps!

David Gunnardo:
When i'm out "on the field", there are basicly three brands that shows up.

1. TC Electronic
My personal favourite since they're so easy to use, and sounds great.

2. Lexicon
Also very nice as long as it isn't the cheapest models 'cause they're impossible to use (a "whateverknob" to change the reverb.. nah..)

3. Yamaha
Have nothing to say about them. Works good most times..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version