ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Profile  (Read 3873 times)

Doug de Werd

Problem with Profile
« on: April 16, 2004, 10:59:59 AM »

still trying to get the hang of this - not sure what parts are bugs and what parts are due to operator error!

It seems like I have a problem with my profile in not keeping the changes that I make in my Default Topic View.

I want to set it to "Tree topic listing/Flat message listing" but it doesn't seem to stick.  I change it, hit the Update button, and then when I go back to the forum it stays at "Tree view message and topic listing". If I go to my profile again, the setting hasn't changed. I've tried logging in and logging out and that doesn't seem to matter either....

not a huge deal though..... maybe I'm not doing it right.... now if I can just get a handle on the Read/Unread thingy..... Wink

Thanks,
Doug

Doug de Werd

Also - Goto Forum doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 11:08:17 AM »

the Goto Forum drop down box at the bottom of the page does not seem to go to anywhere!  I've tried it from several forums, like switching between the LAB and the Lounge, and it just stays in whatever the current forum is.

Thanks,
Doug

BTW, I'm not complaining, just trying to help. I think everyone involved with the LAB (and PSW) have done an exemplary job in supporting the live sound community.  As far as I'm concerned, you make the rules, you format the forum, you do whatever you want. This is all minor inconvenience for having the privilege to be able to participate.

now, if I can just figure out this Read/Unread deal Wink  Smile

Scott Raymond

Re: Also - Goto Forum doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 11:31:43 AM »

Doug,

Just to confirm....The drop-down forums box is a bit sporadic for me also.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  When I changed to tree/flat that seemed to take hold.  I'm using Netscape 7.01 FWIW

Scott Raymond

ALSO Problem or Quirks with Formatting Tools when posting?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 12:30:45 PM »

Dave...Ernie...others,

When I use the formatting tools in the body window all of them except the two list tools put the code at the top of the window and not at the cursor location.  The lists codes will show up at the point in the post where you where working.  Just wondering if that's a problem I'm having, limitation in the software or a bug.  Not a big deal though.  I can cut and paste or just type them in and everything's just fine.  I am lovin all the new feature's BTW.

Thanks!!!

PS  Just noticed the Smiley Shortcuts are doing the same thing.

Doug de Werd

Goto kind of works
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 04:02:45 PM »

this seems to work:

if you look closely at the selections on the dropdown, it's like there is a header with subtitles (the ones with asterisks).  if you select the title it won't work, but if you select the subtitle with the asterisk and "UNREAD" then it seems to work

hmmmmm interesting

Doug

Dave Stevens

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 04:24:34 PM »

Those features are working as expected in the testing environment as well as the text formating feature, though I have noticed the the formater working in the manner Scott found on other forums.

It may be specific to javascript which the interpretation may vary from browser to browser.

I'll put it on the list and see what dude says.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Scott Raymond

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 05:59:06 PM »

Dave,

FWIW I just checked things out with Mozilla on the Laptop and the Formatting Tools and Shortcuts all work OK.  Cool Might be browser update time on the Desktop for me!

The Goto Forum dropdown still works like Doug mentioned...The subindices work but not the roots.

weeeell...back to work in the heat.  Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.