SR: Testing and Feedback Archive > TestForum

OMG this tree shit sucks

(1/2) > >>

John Horvath:
Why on earth does everyone think this tree style forum is so much better??  You have to click on each and every reply to read it, just like the old LAB?  Totally a waste of time, a waste of clicking, and a waste of bandwidth/load times.  The LAB lounge style is so much better.

If we're moving to a newer style forum now, then do it the right way and make so all we have to do is click on the subject line on the main page, then scroll down to read each reply or whichever replies you wanna read, like the LAB Lounge.

Anything above is merely my opinion..

John Horvath:
Nevermind, I'm a total dumbshit..    Amidst the 35 smiley faces, 13 different adds, and 27 different buttons, I finally found the 'Flat/Tree View' button.  

Sorry..

Lew Veldas:
: Nevermind, I'm a total dumbshit..  Amidst the 35 smiley faces, 13 different adds, and 27 different buttons, I finally found the 'Flat/Tree View' button.

-------------

Me too. But I was trying to get the tree view (which I prefer for initial browsing), instead of the flat view ......

Ernie Black:
There are many tactics available; I think an initial tree view to get an overview of the thread and who's replied is good, then switch to flat view so that all the posts appear on a single page (to the max # of posts allowed on a page (currently set to 40, as for topics as well).

Lew Veldas:
Yes, that works well, I have now set it up in my Profile as the default.

I have a question though. I can't find the "disable smilies" click box anywhere on the Profile page. Am I being stupid (again) or is it missing? I hate those smilies !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version