ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Log-ins  (Read 3711 times)

Geri O'Neil

Log-ins
« on: December 03, 2004, 08:00:32 AM »

Greetings, guys.
A couple of minor things.
On ocassion, when I try to log in, the board repeatedly goes right back to the log-in screen. No error message or anything. It just pops back to the log-in screen. A little while later, I can log-in normally.
Also, I can't figure out how to be automatically logged in. I suspect that between the new versions of Mozilla Firefox and the XP SP2 update, I've really hosed up my computer. Everything else works fine, but Firefox and Internet Explorer are not acting rightat all. I'm gonna take a day over the holidays and hose off the hard drive and start over. Damn, I hate that process, but I think it's time.

Thanx, Geri O
"Stagelite Sound...A Pin 2 hot-compliant company"

Ernie Black

• SR Forums
    • http://www.standingstone.com
Re: Log-ins
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 02:01:16 PM »

Geri O,

Keep us posted with the results of your hosing  Razz I have not encountered the log in problem myself (and I routinely log in to all four separate forums here), but I have heard this happen to a few people. I don't know at this point what the cause would be unless you're not accepting cookies.

I have high hopes for Firefox; I have been using an earlier version (still called Firebird) for many months, and recently upgraded to Firefox 1.0. It seems to offer many advantages over IE, but it's not flawless. One issue that I've been reading about is unexpected back button behavior (taking you back to the top of the previous page rather than to the point where you clicked on a link on the previous page). And of course they don't quite implement standards quite the same way as IE or other browsers (what browser does?). I don't know yet if they are truly superior to IE in terms particularly of CSS implementation, but I have seen some discrepancies there. I'm sure they'll work the bugs out. It's the most solid 1.0 program I've ever seen, I think.

Ernie Black, Code Warrior
ProSoundWeb Forums Webmaster
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.