ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Install  (Read 11364 times)

Nathan

Re: Church Install
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 08:55:42 AM »

Hi

We Do Some Churches From Time To Time.

We Use Behringer Desks, They Are Cheap And Have Good Mike Preamps
We Use D.A.S Audio Or Turbosound PA. D.A.S Is Cheap And Looks And Sounds Very Good

Mipro Mics Are Very Good For Their Budget

Nathan

JohnnyB

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2004, 08:57:58 AM »

Since sound systems are for "re-enforcement", what are you needing to re-enforce?  By the looks of the pictures, I'm not real sure you need much of a system in that room.  Just my $.02.

bny24

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 10:19:14 AM »

I heard the  yorkville C2980 this weekend  they really sound good but are too bulky for the wall. I thought about the ev sb80's but I will need to install a subwoofer, the sx300 will be to big for the wall. I'm trying to look at the community cpl 27's to see if they can cut it. This church budget is so tight but yet they want so much.

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 07:51:24 AM »

Yes the Yorkville C2890's are slightly larger than the Community CPL 27's but I would caution you about using the CPL 27's as a solution for this install because it's HF is a dome tweeter, it is not a HF compression horn.  The C2890 and it's smaller sibling the C860 have true compression drivers/horns.

I have used and continue to use dome tweeters for installation of speakers for background music/light-duty paging but would highly advise that you look into using a HF horn loaded speaker for foreground sound reinforcement.  You'll have better pattern control and greater coverage not to mention they will sound better and take far more abuse (not that you would purposely abuse any of your equipment - but you might not be the only person operating the system).

Best wishes
Scott

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 11:50:38 AM »

Please explain exactly what the system is for and what is it that they want it to do that makes it so hard related to their budget. What are they trying to amplify and at what kind of levels? What style of music?
Kevin Maxwell
Freelance Audio Eng. QBE

Rob Warren

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 02:00:47 PM »

From counting pew rows in the picture, I'm guessing it's about 30 - 35 feet deep.  If that's the case, in my opinion the SX-80 size speakers will not throw far enough, you'll lose your high end due to the inverse square law.   You would have to put in a second row of them further down the room.  Which is good if you can afford the number of speakers but  I would recommend you get a DSP so you can tune them and time align the system if you use a delay system.  So a bigger speaker that will do the job may be simpler option.

Also you might check out JBL control series speakers like the Control 29's or 30's if you choose speakers this size.  

Rob
Rob

soundman

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 02:41:06 PM »

We have a set of CPL27's installed in the upper level of our church.  They are installed in the corners and really produce some decent low's.  We also have a pair of CPL42's that are being used as monitors for our choir and the really kick.  My suggestion would be to look into the CPL42's for your church.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 02:41:06 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.