Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Interested in having a subwoofer tested?

(1/1)

Josh Ricci:
Good day all.
I have recently started testing bass drivers and cabinets in an outdoor groudplane setting and have a website set up to host the data. It is in my signature. There is currently only data for one round of tests of my personal equipment up but there will be another round in the spring and the plan is at least 2 rounds per year going forward. I am hoping to be able to find individuals willing to loan a sub to test. A Labsub or anything from Danley would be great. I am also very interested in the JBL SRX718 or 728 as those are very popular and common, but I will test most anything that would be of interest. We are doing DIY, commercial, raw drivers, car audio, pro, home audio...Whatever, so it doesn't really matter as long as it is intended to make bass. I am located in Louisville KY so ideally people local or semi local in the midwest would be best to avoid shipping any large cabs. It will be a few months before anything would be needed for the next test round but I figure it would be best to ask around now. We are nonprofit, no advertising, un affiliated, 3rd party and without a forum. We just test the unit and host the resultant data. If you are interested in providing something to test please pm me or send an email through the Data-Bass site linked to in my signature. Thanks.  :)

Art Welter:
Nice work, Josh !

If it wasn't such a long drive, I'd head over to Louisville KY with a trailer full of subs.

Josh Ricci:
Thanks Art. Hopefully I can get a few of the more popular pro cabs this year for a base line to judge others against. I think I have found someone local who will loan me a labsub. I will have some of the better raw drivers available put through the ringer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version