ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad Habits  (Read 10767 times)

4bes

Re: Bad Habits
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 04:12:02 AM »

I believe it to be a very sad thing that you look at the chance to serve the Lord as a burden.  If these are your true feelings then it is more than likely time to pray and reconsider why you are running the sound for your church.

Leviticus 10 is the story of Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron.  They came to the Lord in a manner not pleasing to God and were consumed in a fire from heaven.  

My point is this: The sound is as important to the worship as the worship leader.  Worship is preparing your heart to come before God.  When coming to worship, our pride is to be left at the door.

Tim Padrick

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 08:15:06 AM »

I don't think what he was saying had anything to do with pride, it was about having the tools necessary to get the job done to the standard that he felt the parisoners deserved.  Apparently the powers that be were much less concerned about quality, and could not be bothered to get him some help so that the job was one of fellowship instead of servitude.

4bes

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 09:08:06 AM »

As followers of Christ, are we not servents of the church body?  All I wanted to say is this.  If we come to a place in our service to Jesus where we are not enjoying our servitude, we must reconsider our motives.

breese

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 09:32:19 AM »

Not trying to talk for Mike, but in my situation, I saw a huge lack of support from the leadership. Right or wrong on their part, it made it more difficult for me to serve to what I felt would be my fullest capacity. At some point we have to decide whether or not we are being abused by others and whether or not we are to take that abuse.

I've decided that the next time I'm in a similar situation, if things can't be worked out, I'll leave the situation. I don't like being manipulated by people, and when I see that sort of behavior, I'll call it like I see it.

Brian

Mike Galica

• http://www.maskilstudios.com
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 11:41:34 AM »

4bes wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 08:08

As followers of Christ, are we not servents of the church body?  All I wanted to say is this.  If we come to a place in our service to Jesus where we are not enjoying our servitude, we must reconsider our motives.

I very much enjoy giving my time to my church.  It is one of the most rewarding things I do.  However, people in the church can make my service a burden simply because of the sheer number of hoops the ignorant leadership (not of the church but of the TECH team no less) puts me through to make anything sound better.  That is where the non-enjoyment comes in for me; the service is fun, the other stuff is not.
Mike Galica

Dan Timon

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 12:27:50 PM »

4bes wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 09:08

The concept of "other sheep, other folds" comes to mind when people talk of the church body.

I had similar frustrations at a church where I once served, so I just moved on to another church where the priorities are in line with mine.

Now, my love of service is not impeded by frustration and resentment, and I have been serving there about 20 hours a week for the last 3-1/2 years.

Regards,

Dan Timon

4bes

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 08:08:49 PM »

For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh,but through love serve one another.  For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the disire of the flesh.  for the flest sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law(of Moses).

Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outburst of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Now those who belong to Christ Jesushave crucified the flesh with its passions and disires.  If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.  Let us not become boastful, callenging one another, envying one another.

Galatians 5:13-26

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 08:08:49 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.