Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

Bad Habits

<< < (3/4) > >>

4bes:
I believe it to be a very sad thing that you look at the chance to serve the Lord as a burden.  If these are your true feelings then it is more than likely time to pray and reconsider why you are running the sound for your church.

Leviticus 10 is the story of Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron.  They came to the Lord in a manner not pleasing to God and were consumed in a fire from heaven.  

My point is this: The sound is as important to the worship as the worship leader.  Worship is preparing your heart to come before God.  When coming to worship, our pride is to be left at the door.

Tim Padrick:
I don't think what he was saying had anything to do with pride, it was about having the tools necessary to get the job done to the standard that he felt the parisoners deserved.  Apparently the powers that be were much less concerned about quality, and could not be bothered to get him some help so that the job was one of fellowship instead of servitude.

4bes:
As followers of Christ, are we not servents of the church body?  All I wanted to say is this.  If we come to a place in our service to Jesus where we are not enjoying our servitude, we must reconsider our motives.

breese:
Not trying to talk for Mike, but in my situation, I saw a huge lack of support from the leadership. Right or wrong on their part, it made it more difficult for me to serve to what I felt would be my fullest capacity. At some point we have to decide whether or not we are being abused by others and whether or not we are to take that abuse.

I've decided that the next time I'm in a similar situation, if things can't be worked out, I'll leave the situation. I don't like being manipulated by people, and when I see that sort of behavior, I'll call it like I see it.

Brian

Mike Galica:
4bes wrote on Wed, 26 May 2004 08:08
As followers of Christ, are we not servents of the church body?  All I wanted to say is this.  If we come to a place in our service to Jesus where we are not enjoying our servitude, we must reconsider our motives.

I very much enjoy giving my time to my church.  It is one of the most rewarding things I do.  However, people in the church can make my service a burden simply because of the sheer number of hoops the ignorant leadership (not of the church but of the TECH team no less) puts me through to make anything sound better.  That is where the non-enjoyment comes in for me; the service is fun, the other stuff is not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version