ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best lapel mic for Sennheiser EWx00  (Read 2740 times)

Michael John

• Eclipse Audio
Best lapel mic for Sennheiser EWx00
« on: February 08, 2011, 03:28:38 PM »

I've been running Sennheiser ME-4 capsules for years and they've served me well. But often I've got into ringing/feedback trouble with speakers flown directly overhead (even at a significant distance).

Can anyone recommend an alternative? Or provide other tips?

I typically use an 01V96 or LS9-32 with the HPF on and some parametric tweaks for the worst offending feedback frequencies.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael John

• Eclipse Audio
Re: Best lapel mic for Sennheiser EWx00
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:31:53 PM »

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this topic. Anyone have preferences for lapel / lavalier mics live and tips on processing?

Cheers,
Michael

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this topic. Anyone have preferences for lapel / lavalier mics live and tips on processing?

Cheers,
Michael

I am currently using Shure W184s on Shure UHF-R systems. I have lots of GBF, even to the point that the host is able to stand right in front of an array of 8 dv-Dosc, facing the array and speak to the audience of 1200. He has entered from the back of the room, addressing the audience as he walked to the stage a few times so far. I have done no eq for feedback elimination, only a couple of filters to smooth out the response of the arrays, and match the UPA delays and UPJr out fills to the mains.

Mac

Daniel Cash

• SR Forums
  • Portland, OR
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:50:38 PM »

I am currently using Shure W184s on Shure UHF-R systems. I have lots of GBF, even to the point that the host is able to stand right in front of an array of 8 dv-Dosc, facing the array and speak to the audience of 1200. He has entered from the back of the room, addressing the audience as he walked to the stage a few times so far. I have done no eq for feedback elimination, only a couple of filters to smooth out the response of the arrays, and match the UPA delays and UPJr out fills to the mains.

Mac

I will second Mac's recomendation for the Shure WL184 (Supercardioid) or the WL185 (Cardioid). They just sound good... better than any other lapel i have worked with, and give lots of GBF.

You will need to re-terminate the connector for the sennheiser EW packs, which isnt too difficult.

Once you cut the wire, RED goes to Tip. Black and Shield go to both Ring and Sleeve.

I always buy the locking sennheiser connectors here: http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=309

Michael John

• Eclipse Audio
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 02:09:27 PM »

Thanks very much!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 02:09:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.