ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Consoles  (Read 10805 times)

chasetower

Consoles
« on: May 13, 2004, 06:34:15 PM »

Hi all
What type of consoles are you all using?
I've got an old Yamaha PM1800. I work with a production company and we just got 2 new Midas Verona 480's and a Midas Heritage 1000. I LOVE Midas!
Anyways tell me what yall got.
P.S. I'm looking to upgrade my console, any suggestions?

Thx
CHase

Clueless

Re: Consoles
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 09:20:41 PM »

chasetower wrote on Thu, 13 May 2004 18:34

Hi all
What type of consoles are you all using?
I've got an old Yamaha PM1800. I work with a production company and we just got 2 new Midas Verona 480's and a Midas Heritage 1000. I LOVE Midas!
Anyways tell me what yall got.
P.S. I'm looking to upgrade my console, any suggestions?

Thx
CHase

I think you answered your own question: upgrade to a Midas!

Do you find the Verona's limited compared with the H1000, or are they "just right"?

breese

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 12:20:27 AM »

1)Why do you want to upgrade?

2)Why do you care what everyone else has?

3)If everyone said they were jumping off the bridge to their death would you jump too?

When you've figured out the answer to #1, figure out what consoles meet your needs, narrow your choices down to 3 or 4, then after doing some research, if you haven't been able to make a decision on your own, ask some questions here. I nor anyone else here should make a decision for you.

Brian

Henry Denman

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 07:56:15 PM »

Allen & Heath GL4000.  And Loving it.

SoundBoy19

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 11:14:07 PM »

I'm currently using an old Peavey ms1621. It's not a bad console for being sixteen years old. The 9 band onboard eq's can get aggrivating trying to eq a 60 foot sanctuary though. I'm getting ready to take that console out sometime this week and replace it with a 32 channel Soundcraft Spirit Studio LC. I'm planning on starting my own production company in the next two to three years and would REALLY like to get my hands on a Yamaha PM5D. Those consoles look really nice.

bates15

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 07:42:55 AM »

Soundcraft spirit live 24. Old as anything and due for a replacement. Midas sounds great but is way over-priced. Soundcraft do fine over here in Holland as for the A&H, I love them to.

At the Frankfurt Messe i was introduced to the DIGICO D5 live and i fell in love. Only thing now is the budget!!!!!

Stirling Flynn

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 08:57:23 AM »

Crest X8... love it but wish we could have afforded the VCAs on the XVCA. Still, sounds great!

chasetower

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 02:14:59 PM »

I find the verona is way out of reach of the H1000. The verona is semi parametric eq. But the verona still has that midas touch.

chasetower

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 02:18:36 PM »

thanks brian(sarcastic)
You know, this is where people come to ask questions.
So I am asking, there is no such thing as a dumb question or stupid one. I'm just wondering thats all. and no i'm no amateur, besides this is the house of worship forum, church sound guys want to know what other guys have.

Phil Ouellette

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 04:18:12 PM »

chasetower wrote on Mon, 17 May 2004 14:18

thanks brian(sarcastic)
You know, this is where people come to ask questions.
So I am asking, there is no such thing as a dumb question or stupid one. I'm just wondering thats all. and no i'm no amateur, besides this is the house of worship forum, church sound guys want to know what other guys have.

I understand where Brian is coming from. The DM2000 is a great choice for us since we have to handle both contemporary worship and complicated theatrical productions.  However this board  would be a poor choice for someone who needed more than 12 aux sends or couldn't stand fader banks.

Your comment made me smile since it reminded me of one of my favorite Demotivational pics. http://www.despair.com/demotivators/cluelessness.html

"There are no stupid questions, but there are lots of inquisitive idiots."

Phil

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 04:18:12 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.