ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old UHF Wireless help  (Read 5256 times)

Ryan Brackman

Old UHF Wireless help
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »

This is my first post.  I found this forum by accident and was hoping someone has run into this before.  I attached a photo of the problem.  This is an old Shure UHF system that is showing the audio meter clipping but no RF signal.  It is doing it on all frequencies. 

When I turn on the corresponding mics the RF signals come all the way up but no audio is passed through the receiver.  Even with the audio meter in clip as it shows in the picture, there is no sound coming from the unit.  With the meter as high as it is I would figure on a buzz, hum or static of some kind, but there is nothing.

If anyone has run into this before please let me know.  Is it a cleaning thing or is it a major repair issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan B
Ryan Brackman
- What you do in life, echoes in eternity- Gladiator

Thomas Lamb

Re: Old UHF Wireless help
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:30:10 PM »

Ryan,
Welcome to the forum! A lot of guys here with a lot of experience ( even though the post count doesn't show it (it was reset)) unfortunately, I don't know of much that can help you. I really suggest you contact Shure. They have great service department and good flat rate repair policies where they fix everything. As long as it's not a 700mhz unit. Good luck.
T
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Ryan Brackman

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »

Yeah they fall into that 700 mhz band :(  I really wanted to sell these mics for use overseas and wanted to get them working first.  I was hoping for a "oh yeah just take it apart, do a, b and c and it's good to go! :)"  It's all good though, I will just list them as broken and only for spare parts.  :)

Glad to be a part of the forum!

Ryan Brackman
- What you do in life, echoes in eternity- Gladiator

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »

Yeah they fall into that 700 mhz band :(  I really wanted to sell these mics for use overseas and wanted to get them working first.  I was hoping for a "oh yeah just take it apart, do a, b and c and it's good to go! :)"  It's all good though, I will just list them as broken and only for spare parts.  :)

Glad to be a part of the forum!

It is likely that you're receiving direct interference from a new RF service in your area that uses whatever band split your mice is using.  You're seeing full RF and whatever is being demodulated is showing up on the audio meter.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »

It is likely that you're receiving direct interference from a new RF service in your area that uses whatever band split your mice is using.  You're seeing full RF and whatever is being demodulated is showing up on the audio meter.

Don't agree: The OP states ". . . is showing the audio meter clipping but no RF signal", and "when I turn on the corresponding mics the RF signals come all the way up but no audio is passed through the receiver". If there were any type of RF interference, the RF metering (which seems to be working) would indicate some signal presence. This sounds like a unit problem.

To the OP: Is this happening with only one receiver [channel], or multiple channels?
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.