ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Midsize Mixing Console  (Read 15454 times)

Mike McNany

Re: Best Midsize Mixing Console
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »

A used A&H GL200-24 would come in WAY under your budget and a used 2400-32 would also be under budget, likely WITH case. For slightly less in the 24 channel, a Soundcraft LX7ii would also be a good console for that size and function.

My band uses the GL200-24 and loves it. I can't see outgrowing it for quite a while, more features than we need right now.

A sound system owning friend that I occassionally assist uses the LX7-24 as his primary mixer and it's great (also cased and doghoused/multipinned). He went with a A&H ZED 16 for his "small" or B system mixer, a nice unit that also comes in 24 channel format but probably not enough Auxes for you.

One thing about the LX7 or GL2400 series is that just about any band/guest engineer can operate it easily.

Mike McNany

Mike McNany

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 10:04:12 AM »

There is a GL2400-32 in the LAB Marketplace for $2000. There is also a GL3300-32 for a little more.

Mike McNany

No Name

• SR Forums
    • Stage Electrics UK
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »

I would keep looking in the used market.  I managed to pickup a 40ch ML3000 tourpack with all the trimmings plus a 350ft 40/8 VEAM multicore, stage box with active splits and two sets of tails (all cased, as new condition) for £2300 recently (around $3500).  This was an amazing deal, but as the big PA companies are getting rid of their analogue desks in favour of digitals, there are a few really good deals coming up (in the UK at least, though I suspect the US is similar.)  Keep looking for an ML3000, its a lovely desk, you wont be disappointed.

Cheers
Adam
Kind Regards,
Adam Finlayson

Paul John Volzone

• "Heroes Get remembered Kid... Legends Never Die".
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »

i definatly like your thinking.... i am an analog man from the getgo... though digital makes things alot easier... i think itll be a LONG time till one can pick up say an MCL7 for anything the common man could afford. You got quite a deal there and thats what i'd be looking for... slowly im realizing that things cost alot more than you initially think.... One day...

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »

i get the joke on the ford fiesta and Bugatti. I was just wondering if say that mackie could work? knowing you can get them.... very cheap. hey i'd prolly take that fiesta... gets me to a and b and back, and i could turn wrenches on it myself instead of having to take it to the dealership for a 500 dollar oil change.
If all you care about is what is cheapest, why didn't you say that? Obviously the Mackie will work, people have been mixing bands on that console since before my audio career. Is it a very good mixer? No. Single swept mid, two auxes, shit construction... no thank you!
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Chad Costanzo

• Temecula, CA (San Diego, Riverside Area)
    • Pyxis Industries, Inc
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:35 AM »

There is a nice Midas 320 listed for 2200 in the marketplace with a case
Chad Costanzo
Pyxis Industries, inc
www.PyxisIndustries.com
888-PYXISAV
Murrieta, CA

Full Service Audio, Lighting, Rigging, & Video Production Services

Dealer: EV, KT, Elation, Shure, AT, Da-Lite, Furman, Tascam, Midas, Road Ready, American DJ, Global Truss, CBI, Furman, Roland RSS, and More

No Name

• SR Forums
    • Stage Electrics UK
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »

I dont think that the venice would be a good choice in this situation.  Its not exactly great 'bang for buck' compared to a Soundcraft GB or Allen and Heath ML in terms of features.   It seems the op is not looking for brand as much as functionality.

In saying that, the new venice does seem to be a big improvement over the old one with some really nice new functions and great sounding pre's and EQ, but I doubt that theres many of them on the used market just yet.

Adam
Kind Regards,
Adam Finlayson

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »

LS9 16 not a option then ?

Richard McLawhorn

• SR Forums
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »

You could always look at an 01v96 v.2  with an extra ADA8000 or two.  It's much less expensive than the LS9-16 but it is in my opinion a better console than say the StudioLive 24.  You can run one ADA8000 without having to add any cards.  Giving you 24 inputs (20 XLR and 4 1/4") and 12 assignable outputs.  The only thing it lacks from the LS9 is Recallable Gains.

Luther Fairley

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »

@Pual how did you mic the organ was it a HAMMOND B3?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.