Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

Cutting edge

<< < (3/4) > >>

Phil Ouellette:
This is a tough call.  It really depends on your churches vision and what they see as important.  

My church has a high energy contemporary worship, we broadcast a 30 minute service on TV every week, plus we do 3 major theatrical productions a year.

The theatrical productions are a major part of our outreach to our community.  Our longest running production (The Witness) has been seen by over 200,000 people and we have had 20,000 people make a commitment to Christ at these productions.  As you can imagine this emphasis on theater requires a significant investment in infrastructure to support it.  Is our system cutting edge?  No, our new 1700 seat sanctuary has a DM2000 for FOH console and our speakers are a D&B 5.1 surround sound system (Ci7 central cluster, B2 subs plus a pile of Ci80s).  This was not cheap, but it is hardly cutting edge.

Phil

Bruce Burke:
Phil Ouellette wrote on Mon, 10 May 2004 18:22
This is a tough call.  It really depends on your churches vision and what they see as important.  

Phil

And that vision usually changes with each new pastor.....

-Bruce

Vince:
Bruce wrote on Tue, 11 May 2004 07:02

Phil

-Bruce

It's really a shame when it happens that way. If a church needs to select a new pastor the vision of the church should be strong enough that they choose a pastor who agrees with and can execute that vision ...

Vince <><

Tom Young:
I prefer to keep "cutting edge" separate from "bleeding edge", as the first applies to proven new technology and the latter is (as you said) unproven. I generally use cutting edge and SOTA interchangeably. Yes, it's semantics.

I resigned from Jaffe Holden Acoustics back in February and am now on my own, designing primarily for HOW.

Got gigs ?  

Bruce Burke:
Vince wrote on Tue, 11 May 2004 13:13
Bruce wrote on Tue, 11 May 2004 07:02

Phil

-Bruce

It's really a shame when it happens that way. If a church needs to select a new pastor the vision of the church should be strong enough that they choose a pastor who agrees with and can execute that vision ...

Vince <><

Depends on the denomination. The United Methodist church, for example, "assigns" pastors, they aren't "called."

-Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version