ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amp Suggestion Please  (Read 2848 times)

Chris Hunt

Amp Suggestion Please
« on: February 07, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »

I currently run a pair of JBL SRX728's and we are getting a new amp, FINALLY!!!! We want to make sure that whatever we buy will push one pair in stereo mode WELL at 4 ohms a side but also can handle 2 per side at 2 ohms and not poop out.  Several posts on the forum talk about PL380 and iTech 6000/8000.  At times we are very limited in power and I want to be able to be able to run the amp down to 2 ohms with the least amount of draw possible.  Any suggestions between these 2 amps or others would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!
Chris Hunt
Limelight - FOH
-----------------------------

Steve Ferreira

Re: Amp Suggestion Please
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »

I have an IT8000 on my 728s. Loving the setup so far.

Randall Hyde

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:15:17 PM »

I currently run a pair of JBL SRX728's and we are getting a new amp, FINALLY!!!! We want to make sure that whatever we buy will push one pair in stereo mode WELL at 4 ohms a side but also can handle 2 per side at 2 ohms and not poop out.  Several posts on the forum talk about PL380 and iTech 6000/8000.  At times we are very limited in power and I want to be able to be able to run the amp down to 2 ohms with the least amount of draw possible.  Any suggestions between these 2 amps or others would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

If by "At times we are very limited in power" you are talking about wall power, keep in mind that the IT8000 has a 20-amp plug (not the standard 15-amp Edison). The amp is known for pulling those 20 amps a good part of the time with heavy material.  I bought a pair of IT8000s for my four 728s cabs last November. Haven't had a chance to use them yet because of the 40-amp current they pull. Just bought a new generator (60 KVA) so I'm hoping to try the combo out at my next larger gig.  As soon as I can split with the bucks, I'm probably going to buy a couple more IT8000s to run my SRX 725 columns, as well. The four-ohm load of the 728s and 725 cabs matches perfectly with the IT8000, though limiters are definitely called for when using the SRX 725 cabs.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:15:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.