ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SuperBowl  (Read 27196 times)

Jonathan 'JP' Peirce

Re: SuperBowl
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »

The mix didn't suck any more than the GAME.

Mac

Corrected.  :o

º°¨¨°º©[]© THE NEWTON THEATRE ©[]©º°¨¨°º
                          234 Spring Street
                         Newton, NJ 07860

www.TheNewtonTheatre.com
         www.facebook.com/TheNewtonTheatre
              www.twitter.com/NewtonTheatre

Tim Mitchell

• Huntsville Alabama USA
    • Wooferhound Sound and Lighting
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 02:38:52 AM »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 02:50:12 AM »

The entire mix was a discrace from the missing vocals to the almost non existing instrumentation. Even better was word love spelled with half of the "V" missing.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jasen Jacobsen

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 07:14:43 AM »

I find it funny how many people in this thread have only one post.  :o
Either the count got reset from the old board, or they signed up just to complain about the Super Bowl. I know I fall in the latter category. What an embarrassment!  :-[
If I were a pro sound guy, I'd think doing the Super Bowl half-time show would be a pretty big feather in my cap and something I'd want done right. But that thing was so bad I'd try to slink out of the broadcast trailer hoping nobody remembered me. Maybe the TV audio falls to the FOX TV people and they don't have a clue? Do the TV guys not show up for any practices?

From where I was, it sounded mono (no 5.1 except maybe some stadium sounds), and raw mic feeds - no f/x that I could detect.

FWIW, I run a 48 channel record board at my church and I'd be turning in my sound guy card if I screwed up that bad.

- Jasen.

Gary Welker

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 07:51:51 AM »

I find it funny how many people in this thread have only one post.  :o
Either the count got reset from the old board, or they signed up just to complain about the Super Bowl. I know I fall in the latter category. What an embarrassment!  :-[
If I were a pro sound guy, I'd think doing the Super Bowl half-time show would be a pretty big feather in my cap and something I'd want done right. But that thing was so bad I'd try to slink out of the broadcast trailer hoping nobody remembered me. Maybe the TV audio falls to the FOX TV people and they don't have a clue? Do the TV guys not show up for any practices?

Post count was reset with the new format.  There is a dedicated mix truck along with a dedicated mix engineer for the audio.  It is not Fox TV doing it nor is it the BEP audio guy. He may be in the truck advising the tv mix guy. According to articles from the past, there are several rehearsals and everybody is there.

Mike Dixon

• SR Forums
    • dbaudiovideo.com
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 09:06:58 AM »

The mix was bad, but when have you ever heard the BEP and they sounded good anyway?  NOT being able to hear them may have been better than them being too loud in the mix.

Tucker Dragoo

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »

While totally understanding that it would not be the "perfect mix" why don't they run a matrix off of the live board? Its always the same... the SuperBowl Tonys ect. always missed mutes and a bad mixes...

if they want to be able to blend better then give the broadcast guy the VOX mix with FX on one channel BG trax on another...

I don't know... it just frustrates me to see the biggest broadcast shows suck so badly.

Tucker

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 10:48:17 AM »

I bet Robert Scovill would do it for free if they would just ask.  I know I would.
Are you fucking nuts? No he wouldn't. No normal person wants that gig. That is why we have broadcast audio people, maybe one of whom posts here, who know how to do their homework and set up for a high pressure gig like that... a gig that is totally different from traditional live work.
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Jasen Jacobsen

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 10:51:52 AM »

The optimistic side of me hopes there is an epic story of last minute equipment failure, repatching & heroic efforts to get ANY sound out.

- Jasen.

Tucker Dragoo

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »

While I hope that is the case it seems that this result is quite common when broadcast engineers, who are quite good at what they do from day to day, are asked to mix a national band.

Tucker Dragoo

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.