Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

New d&b white range

(1/5) > >>

Mark Sexton:
The new releases from d&b look very interesting.

Has anybody seen these yet live and in person?

Frederik Rosenkjær:
I think it looks really weird. I can't see what niche they're going to fill with that. Are they cheap? They still use the same insanely expensive amps, so not really.

I'm waiting to hear more and learn about the rationale behind this, but I can't help but feel that they're tarnishing their very strong brand and reputation for only releasing very few new cabinets a year, so you had a feeling that they really took a lot of time to perfect each one. Then all of a sudden (or so it seems) they've made a whole bunch just like that....hmm...

Can't see what the new thing is supposed to be. Does the world need yet abother 8" + 1", 10"+1", 12"+1", 18" in a reflex chamber etc. etc.?

Gareth Marsh:

--- Quote from: Frederik Rosenkjær on February 06, 2011, 06:27:05 PM ---I think it looks really weird. I can't see what niche they're going to fill with that. Are they cheap? They still use the same insanely expensive amps, so not really.

I'm waiting to hear more and learn about the rationale behind this, but I can't help but feel that they're tarnishing their very strong brand and reputation for only releasing very few new cabinets a year, so you had a feeling that they really took a lot of time to perfect each one. Then all of a sudden (or so it seems) they've made a whole bunch just like that....hmm...

Can't see what the new thing is supposed to be. Does the world need yet abother 8" + 1", 10"+1", 12"+1", 18" in a reflex chamber etc. etc.?

--- End quote ---

From what their website says, it seems as though this range is for the install market.

So not so much a 'new thing' as a diversification.

Gareth

Tom Hester:
I am interested to hear them. At first look, they will not keep up with the Q range. But on the website it clearly states that most of these boxes are designed for restaurants, etc. I do not think they are intended to be a rock and roll box. You WILL have to use the D6/D12, But the boxes will be cheaper than the Q1 line.

Tim Talbot:
The whole d&b works very well as 1 D12 will run any cabinet you could ever buy from d&b.... makes sense and avoids all this ''what amp is best on sub'' bullshit lol and be to fair a D12 is no more money than a Lab or crown amp ( maybe even cheaper )

It a turnket which works very very well - but it seems people ether love it or hate it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version