ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New d&b white range  (Read 15011 times)

Mark Sexton

• Sacramento, CA
New d&b white range
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »

The new releases from d&b look very interesting.

Has anybody seen these yet live and in person?
Mark Sexton

System Designer/Operations Manager
Alive Media

Frederik Rosenkjær

Re: New d&b white range
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »

I think it looks really weird. I can't see what niche they're going to fill with that. Are they cheap? They still use the same insanely expensive amps, so not really.

I'm waiting to hear more and learn about the rationale behind this, but I can't help but feel that they're tarnishing their very strong brand and reputation for only releasing very few new cabinets a year, so you had a feeling that they really took a lot of time to perfect each one. Then all of a sudden (or so it seems) they've made a whole bunch just like that....hmm...

Can't see what the new thing is supposed to be. Does the world need yet abother 8" + 1", 10"+1", 12"+1", 18" in a reflex chamber etc. etc.?
Affiliations: Danley Sound Labs, Yamaha (MI)

Gareth Marsh

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:07:15 AM »

I think it looks really weird. I can't see what niche they're going to fill with that. Are they cheap? They still use the same insanely expensive amps, so not really.

I'm waiting to hear more and learn about the rationale behind this, but I can't help but feel that they're tarnishing their very strong brand and reputation for only releasing very few new cabinets a year, so you had a feeling that they really took a lot of time to perfect each one. Then all of a sudden (or so it seems) they've made a whole bunch just like that....hmm...

Can't see what the new thing is supposed to be. Does the world need yet abother 8" + 1", 10"+1", 12"+1", 18" in a reflex chamber etc. etc.?

From what their website says, it seems as though this range is for the install market.

So not so much a 'new thing' as a diversification.

Gareth

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »

I am interested to hear them. At first look, they will not keep up with the Q range. But on the website it clearly states that most of these boxes are designed for restaurants, etc. I do not think they are intended to be a rock and roll box. You WILL have to use the D6/D12, But the boxes will be cheaper than the Q1 line.

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »

The whole d&b works very well as 1 D12 will run any cabinet you could ever buy from d&b.... makes sense and avoids all this ''what amp is best on sub'' bullshit lol and be to fair a D12 is no more money than a Lab or crown amp ( maybe even cheaper )

It a turnket which works very very well - but it seems people ether love it or hate it :)

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »

What 2400 watt crown are you spending 5 grand on? I have plenty in stock!!!
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »

D12's cost just over 3k new

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 08:33:09 PM »

List maybe 5k but who ever pays the list price .... and when your buying a d&b system your be buying quite a few D12's :)

Franz Francis

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 07:30:26 AM »

It’s just amazing how they are able to do it with an amplifier rated at 1200 watts per channel driving four (4) ohm loads especially powering their concert boxes. Is it a case of they have mastered limiters and are able to get them more musical than any other pro manufacturer?

Franz

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 08:19:18 AM »

It’s just amazing how they are able to do it with an amplifier rated at 1200 watts per channel driving four (4) ohm loads especially powering their concert boxes. Is it a case of they have mastered limiters and are able to get them more musical than any other pro manufacturer?

Franz

d&b build highly efficient loudspeakers.  They have no need to play the 'wattage spec' game, it's a turnkey system and no one with a clue cares about the D12 amplifier specs. 

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 08:19:18 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.