ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LED spots hitting acceptable levels.. input please?  (Read 5944 times)

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

LED spots hitting acceptable levels.. input please?
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »

We are just around the corner from really having some high power LED beam/spot fixtures.

I haven't had a chance to really see some of the contenders.. but I sure have been looking at specs.

LED wash is amazing now. With a huge option of "pancake" type LED washes.. some with tricolor and quadcolor and some with zoom... mac 101's to VLX's are extremely affordable and the performance is there.

The next step is getting hard edge fixtures with similar output - and the crackpots that design this stuff are making it happen as we speak..

So on my wishlist of stuff I wanna see at LDI

1. GLP impression spot 1 - a true RGB hard edge fixture... with a 400 watt LED engine??? WHAT i cant wait.
2. High efficieny LED fixtures.. ala Chavuet Q Beam 260 LED
3. 90+ watt led spots that are RELIABLE and can convection cool please (want something that wont die from fog and cig smoke please).

I have only played with Techni-lux Vector LED so far.. but starting to see better output than a trackspot in what is supposed to be a reliable fixture with very little heat/weight/power consumption excites me... and since technically Im a techni-lux dealer I wont bring the vector led into scrutiny since I'm really interested in what else is out there - especially the more powerful stuff.

*The thing I'm really hoping for is more color mix RGBW type fixtures. I'm not a fan of dichros in a LED based light.. waste of power.

reviews? pics? anyone?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:42:38 PM by Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney) »

duane massey

Re: LED spots hitting acceptable levels.. input please?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:08:34 PM »

I've worked with a few of the ADJ and Elation spots, and I've been quite happy with them. Really want to see the new Vizio scanner as well. Probably not in the range you're looking for, but certainly as bright or brighter than Trackspots.
Speaking of, High End has a new scanner coming out "really soon", but they haven't released $$ as far as I know. According to the PR it's being manufactured in Austin. Interesting...
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »

I've worked with a few of the ADJ and Elation spots, and I've been quite happy with them. Really want to see the new Vizio scanner as well. Probably not in the range you're looking for, but certainly as bright or brighter than Trackspots.
Speaking of, High End has a new scanner coming out "really soon", but they haven't released $$ as far as I know. According to the PR it's being manufactured in Austin. Interesting...

whats a vizio scanner? Got a link?

James Feenstra

Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

duane massey

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:57 PM »

What's an "o" between friends? Thanks, James, it was late.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

Jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 10:29:19 PM »

I was just checking out the Chauvet Intimidator Scan 300 LED at discount banjo center... not bad output actually with a decent gob o set.

The price is GREAT - I may pick some of these up.. waiting for LDI to see if there is anything better.

duane massey

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »

High End is releasing a new "made in Austin,Tx" LED scanner. It's on their website, but no $$$. I suspect it will be really good and really expensive.
Duane Massey
Houston, Texas

Tim Kerbavaz

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »

I was just checking out the Chauvet Intimidator Scan 300 LED at discount banjo center... not bad output actually with a decent gob o set.

The price is GREAT - I may pick some of these up.. waiting for LDI to see if there is anything better.

I have a pair of the original Intimidator Scan LED's, which are ok for most of the small venues I use them in, but a bit dim for anything much bigger than a small bar.

I liked the brightness of the ADJ X-Scan LED (first version) but mine had a serious cooling problem and I gave up on having it repaired after the 3rd factory service.  Are the X-Scan LED Plus units any more reliable?  I'll have to check out the Vizi scans.

James Feenstra

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 04:26:45 AM »

High End is releasing a new "made in Austin,Tx" LED scanner. It's on their website, but no $$$. I suspect it will be really good and really expensive.
considering high end has pretty much gotten out of the 'small' light market, I'd assume it's in the expensive range, although I haven't heard anything about it

They're primarily focusing on the major touring markets, and leaving 'club level' lights to companies like martin, chauvet, elation and robe

I personally would like to see some new smaller moving lights from them, because the studio spots were awesome! Especially the CMY version....love the gobos in those lights!

I'm also really surprised that varilite isn't doing more with LED spots/movers...phillips also owns colorkinetics though, so they do a bunch of the static LEDs, might be a bit of a conflict of interest.
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 04:26:45 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.