ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: clear-com communication  (Read 8740 times)

Ben Brunskill

Re: clear-com communication
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »

For the runs between FOH and Monitors, I assume the snake can be used for the XLR connections?  Does the power supply (for the intercom) affect other channels on the snake?  Curious if board phantom power and power from the intercom power supply would cause an issue.

We have QueCom (Clear Com's entry level product) Seems to work well. The only feedback I've had from users is that the headsets are heavy and bulky to wear. I know that some camera ops would prefer a two ear headset as well.

alan hamilton

• Hamilton Systems
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 12:20:08 AM »

ok - so I'm looking at the Production Intercom "econocom".  It appears to have everything I need (less cables).  Power supply -- 2 x headphones, 2 x beltpacks; and an interface.

Anyone have any opinions on the general quality of this?  i.e. sound quality/volume of headphones...? Seems the construction of the units are good (citing previous posts), but the switches/etc. are weak.

From what others have said about Clearcom (and from my limited exposure to Clearcom), it seems pretty hard to beat the quality; though, at this point, I cannot afford a Clearcom solution. 

Thoughts?

I've never thought the switches and buttons on the PI stuff felt cheap and I've never had a problem with a BP1 beltpack other than one that had an intermittent problem out of the box and PI took care of it right away. The Econocom stuff will function well. You'll have no sonic issue with the mics or ear pieces. And they will get plenty loud. BUT.... the headsets that come with the Econocom system aren't as heavy duty as their other headsets. If the units will be used by techs mostly worn and sat on tables, racks, etc they should be fine. IF OTOH they will get knocked in the floor, used in cramped spaces and tossed around, prone to be sat on or stepped on, etc... then the mic boom will break where it connects to the ear piece. That never was a problem with rock and roll shows, but using them with some theatrical stuff ended up with several getting broke in that scenario backstage. But then... JB Weld 'saved' them. The boom no longer pivots but the mic is on a flexible piece so that doesn't matter much. And I only use those now for concerts and the like where they aren't likely to get knocked to the floor and left for someone to step on, or left in a chair to be sat on....

YMMV

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 12:20:08 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.