ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intalling some rigging  (Read 4297 times)

Clark Johnson

Intalling some rigging
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:58:06 PM »

So I have some Worx 15A http://www.worxaudio.com/product_desc_wave.php?id=38 and right now they are ground stacked in one venue.  In another venue, I have some 15Ai.  The 15A doesn't come with the fly points, just the handles.  If I were to have a professional fabricate the fly points and install them into the box, would that be safe?  Is the metal that they use for points special?  Thanks.

Chad Costanzo

• Temecula, CA (San Diego, Riverside Area)
    • Pyxis Industries, Inc
Re: Intalling some rigging
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »

I would not do this, and your insurance company would likely agree.  If you want to fly a box, buy a box that was designed to fly and has all the documentation to go with it.   Saving a few bucks is not worth the risk of someone getting hurt
Chad Costanzo
Pyxis Industries, inc
www.PyxisIndustries.com
888-PYXISAV
Murrieta, CA

Full Service Audio, Lighting, Rigging, & Video Production Services

Dealer: EV, KT, Elation, Shure, AT, Da-Lite, Furman, Tascam, Midas, Road Ready, American DJ, Global Truss, CBI, Furman, Roland RSS, and More

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »

Have you asked Worx if it is practical to convert a 15A into a 15Ai?  If they could convert them or provide specific directions on how to do it then that would probably be much better than someone else developing their own modifications.  And if the manufacturer says that it isn't practical to do then that pretty much answers the question as well.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.