ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: W00T!!! Upgraded my power amps!!  (Read 6115 times)

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
Re: W00T!!! Upgraded my power amps!!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:40 am »

Nice system!  I've been running U15's over LS808's for a few years now and have been pretty happy overall.  The 60 degree dispersion angle on the U15's is a little narrow for use in short clubs though.

From the looks of the pic- you'll get more punch from the subs if you get them on ground level.

cliff truesdell

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 12:11:37 pm »

A few rumors out there in cyber space are saying the IPR4500 could be shipping now.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »

Picked up most of the new amps for my system!!!

FOH: Peavey IPR3000
Monitors: 2 - IPR1600's

I just have to pick up a third IPR1600 on the 28th, and I'm all set!!!

Before:

After:

Blast a little bit of fog at those amps and you have a light show.. 
Anyways,  I looked at 3 web sites to get a freeken 8 ohm RMS rating for that Peavey amp and do you think
one of them could give anything but a 2ohm 1500 watt rating which I have no idea if that is Peak or RMS or bridged
or what the heck is goin on with these amp people and these crock of crap ratings!  Ok I vented here ...I feel better
I just wish they would put what the amp delivers at 8 ohms rms to get a general idea of whether the amp
is a piece of crap or a decent powerful amp.   I guess I could certainly find the 8 ohm rating but you can look
at 10 web pages selling these amps and its the same. 

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 10:47:44 pm »

Blast a little bit of fog at those amps and you have a light show.. 
Anyways,  I looked at 3 web sites to get a freeken 8 ohm RMS rating for that Peavey amp and do you think
one of them could give anything but a 2ohm 1500 watt rating which I have no idea if that is Peak or RMS or bridged
or what the heck is goin on with these amp people and these crock of crap ratings!  Ok I vented here ...I feel better
I just wish they would put what the amp delivers at 8 ohms rms to get a general idea of whether the amp
is a piece of crap or a decent powerful amp.   I guess I could certainly find the 8 ohm rating but you can look
at 10 web pages selling these amps and its the same.

Look a little harder.  It took 10 seconds to find this.

http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/specs/116950_11320.pdf

Seriously.   

"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

Tim Brackett

• Mountain Valley Production Systems
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 04:14:05 pm »

A few rumors out there in cyber space are saying the IPR4500 could be shipping now.

I ordered 3 IPR4500 in March.  At that time I was told that the ship date they were getting from Peavey was mid-August and asked if i wanted something different.  I said no, those are what I want and let the order ride so I keep my place in the queue. 
  I got an email 2 weeks ago saying the the IPR-4500 is now the IPR -5000 and that they were waiting for them to come in.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 04:14:05 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.