ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha 01v questions  (Read 5517 times)

Brad Ferguson

• Brad Ferguson
Yamaha 01v questions
« on: October 10, 2011, 07:15:16 pm »

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to do some things on a budget and wanted to try and use my 01v for some FX send/returns, and I was wondering if someone here could tell me the following.

- Can the Yamaha 01v be programmed to send midi program changes when recalling scenes? I want it to have a TC Electronic D-Two hooked up via midi and automatically recall presets this way.

- If not with scene recalls, can it be programmed to do so at all?

Thanks!
Brad Ferguson
Tour Manager, Sound Engineer
http://www.bradferguson.ca

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Yamaha 01v questions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:25:33 am »

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to do some things on a budget and wanted to try and use my 01v for some FX send/returns, and I was wondering if someone here could tell me the following.

- Can the Yamaha 01v be programmed to send midi program changes when recalling scenes? I want it to have a TC Electronic D-Two hooked up via midi and automatically recall presets this way.

Thanks!

Here, let me google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=yamaha+01v+manual
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:18:26 am »

Here, let me google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=yamaha+01v+manual

Oh. come on, that's not fair.  I'm personally in the process of "learning" MIDI and the Yamaha mixers and it can be quite confusing.

Brad, obviously you should read around to get the general conceps straight before diving into a project, but an excellent online resource for me on these topics has been www.checkcheckonetwo.com.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:30 am »

Oh. come on, that's not fair.  I'm personally in the process of "learning" MIDI and the Yamaha mixers and it can be quite confusing.

Brad, obviously you should read around to get the general conceps straight before diving into a project, but an excellent online resource for me on these topics has been www.checkcheckonetwo.com.

Fair's fair......but I'm definitely not a fan of Yamahas "user manuals".  More like extended advertising and "gee-whiz"ism.  That said, the manual is always a good place to start.  Nice link.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 12:59:55 pm »

Maybe not, but the question was "can the 01v do this" not, "show me how to do this using xxx and xxx."

I think the 01v can send midi change signals with scene recall, but I'm not sure. I would have to read the manual to figure out if it's possible. But wait, why again am I figuring out someone else's problem?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:02 pm »

Maybe not, but the question was "can the 01v do this" not, "show me how to do this using xxx and xxx."

I think the 01v can send midi change signals with scene recall, but I'm not sure. I would have to read the manual to figure out if it's possible. But wait, why again am I figuring out someone else's problem?

Or maybe we could just wait for someone who has done it to confirm that it can be done.  And if no one presents themselves within a couple of days, Brad can start reading the 01v "bible".  No reason to reinvent the wheel, right?:)

Brian Gowing

• Gowing Associates
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 02:08:42 pm »

Geez, maybe someone actually done that and wouldn't mind sharing the knowledge. Or did y'all learn everything you learned but just reading about it. ""LAB Lite" - a place for small sound company operators, bands running their own PA and newbies."

If you could learn everything by reading the manual there wouldn't be a need for PSW.
Brian Gowing
Technical Consultant
Christian & Missionary Alliance
Gowing Associates

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 02:47:50 pm »

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

If it's O1V96v2, page 219 in the online manual explains how to set this up very clearly.

"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 02:55:11 pm »

Geez, maybe someone actually done that and wouldn't mind sharing the knowledge. Or did y'all learn everything you learned but just reading about it. ""LAB Lite" - a place for small sound company operators, bands running their own PA and newbies."

If you could learn everything by reading the manual there wouldn't be a need for PSW.

I have never done it, and I shared the knowledge. It took about as much time as it did for you to post this.

Before there were newfangled interweb things, using the manual was standard practice.
"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 03:02:27 pm »

I have never done it, and I shared the knowledge. It took about as much time as it did for you to post this.

Before there were newfangled interweb things, using the manual was standard practice.

Google Google:

http://www.googleguide.com/
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 03:02:27 pm »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.