ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a DVD player with instant start after cue?  (Read 8213 times)

theo mack

Is there a DVD player with instant start after cue?
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:33:10 PM »

It would be great if we could find a dvd player with a ram buffer of some kind so we could cue a client dvd and have it stand by, then instantly start playing on the next push of play without the random spin up time we deal with now.

Is there a $200 dvd player out there that does this?
Maybe with rack ears and a vga out?
I'm asking too much right?

Arnold B. Krueger

Re: Is there a DVD player with instant start after cue?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 06:33:27 AM »

It would be great if we could find a dvd player with a ram buffer of some kind so we could cue a client dvd and have it stand by, then instantly start playing on the next push of play without the random spin up time we deal with now.

I share your frustrations with DVD players and cueing.

We pretty well scrapped using them in the big room and converted over to a PC playing .MPG or AVI files.

As home I recently obtained a Panasonic BD-65 Blu Ray player and it seems to have solved just about every frustration I've had with DVD players. It loads DVDs fast, has power-saving features that you can turn off, cues fast, and upscales beautifully, all for under $100.

theo mack

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:17:24 PM »

I share your frustrations with DVD players and cueing.

We pretty well scrapped using them in the big room and converted over to a PC playing .MPG or AVI files.

As home I recently obtained a Panasonic BD-65 Blu Ray player and it seems to have solved just about every frustration I've had with DVD players. It loads DVDs fast, has power-saving features that you can turn off, cues fast, and upscales beautifully, all for under $100.

Right on!!
Many thanks,
I will go find one for testing.

Jason Holmes

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »

If you can triple your budget  then take a look at the Tascam DVD 01u. Its a great solid player!

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:33:54 PM »

Right on!!
Many thanks,
I will go find one for testing.
You might want to do a little research first.  The DMP-BD65K is Blu-Ray player, which means the Analog Sunset applies and which is why the DMP-BD65K manual notes that "Even if you select “720p” or “1080i”, the video output resolution is restricted to “480p” when images of DVD-Video discs are output from the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT terminals."  It seems that HDMI is the only option for HD output.  It is also a consumer product, which means things like not being a rack mount format and having a warranty the expressly excludes any commercial use.  Maybe those issues don't matter in your application, but such things are usually pretty easy to check with a little online research.

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 04:01:43 PM »

We use an older mac laptop (Power Book G-4).

The big advantage is the ability to be able to Que. up and hit play, no delay, and also see the Global Picture.

The "source" material may be problematic, (to much fade in time).

Also with a laptop you get to see the entire shows Playlist at one time, and the progress of each song.

I go through every song, SFX and voice over and create a 2 second handle at the start and 15 second handle at the end.

When I Que up the selection, I move the playhead forward 2 seconds, this way when I hit Play the track starts with music.

The 15 seconds at the end gives me time to hit stop.

You can adjust your tracks in I-Tunes, FCP, STP, Logic, Garage Band and others.

It is a good idea to burn a back-up copy of the show, Just in case.

We do small Theater Productions (1 hour long) and use between 10 and 40 audio tracks depending on the show.

Regards,  John

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 06:36:02 AM »

Pioneer VDJ-product of some sort?  Very expensive, though!

Collin Donohue

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »

If you've got a Mac to spare, you could try QLab with a video license.  Full video cueing with many adjustments available.  $200

There are also many VJ programs out there that you can check out.

And for your DVD's, you can use most rippers to import your videos.  Handbrake is a good one.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 02:01:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.