ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eye-Fi memory card for digital recording  (Read 3509 times)

J. Douglas Brower

Eye-Fi memory card for digital recording
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:41:22 PM »

I was wondering if anybody has experience using an eye-fi sdhc card to record their service.  We have a Marantz PMD-560 digital recorder which is an older model that records onto a Compact Flash card.  I found a converter that will convert an SD card to a CF card (SD-CF II available at Amazon).  It comes in the mail today - haven't used it yet, but sounds promising.  If I could use this in conjunction with an Eye-Fi card, theoretically we'd never have to remove the card from the recorder and the service would transfer to a laptop and/or desktop on the same network wirelessly when the service is over... no cables, etc...  sounds almost to good to be true...  However, all of my online research seems to indicate that this card is used primarily (specifically?) for photo/video applications.  It looks like the automated software provided with the card automatically transfers photos and videos.  I don't need an AUTOMATIC transfer... I am comfortable with it being a manual process.  Does anybody know what the range for this card would be (i.e. how far away from a router does it need to be?)  Any thoughts appreciated!

Kurt Rivers

Re: Eye-Fi memory card for digital recording
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:46:35 AM »

You need to look in to the issues CF - SD converters with the eye-fi cards. I think some have had trouble getting the wi-fi signal and you may have to remove some shielding on it.

From what I understand, the eye-fi cards will only transfer .jpeg files and some will do raw image files or video. I see nothing about audio files.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Eye-Fi memory card for digital recording
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 02:46:35 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.