ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freelance pay  (Read 4580 times)

Pat Sieler

Freelance pay
« on: September 27, 2011, 05:05:19 PM »

Hi everyone.
I've been out of the audio industry for a few years, but have kept my "feet wet" a bit. However, I am now planning on jumping back into some freelance work or a steady position. I live in the Toronto area and would like to know if there is anyway that I can learn what the going daily rate is for different audio positions. I completely understand that it is wide and varied depending on skill level, type of job (corporate/club/etc), FOH, stagehand, etc...
Can anyone offer any guidelines that might be helpful? I just want to be able to charge a fair rate commensurate with my experience.

Thanks so much.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
Re: Freelance pay
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »

Hi everyone.
I've been out of the audio industry for a few years, but have kept my "feet wet" a bit. However, I am now planning on jumping back into some freelance work or a steady position. I live in the Toronto area and would like to know if there is anyway that I can learn what the going daily rate is for different audio positions. I completely understand that it is wide and varied depending on skill level, type of job (corporate/club/etc), FOH, stagehand, etc...
Can anyone offer any guidelines that might be helpful? I just want to be able to charge a fair rate commensurate with my experience.

Thanks so much.
Bottom line here is no one knows your experience?  If you are very experienced you know the biz and
know what and how to do it to get rolling!

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:38:32 AM »

I just want to be able to charge a fair rate commensurate with my experience.
You probably need those who know the Toronto market to respond but as Stu said, your question is difficult to answer without knowing your experience, your industry connections, your existing reputation, etc.  Whether you are a legal company with insurance, related gear and tools, transport, etc. could also be a factor.  And, of course, freelance versus employment are going to be two quite different situations.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:38:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.