ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original soundweb 9088 for wedges?  (Read 3725 times)

Marsellus Fariss

• Grey Eagle Music Hall
Original soundweb 9088 for wedges?
« on: September 25, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »

Thinking about picking up an old soundweb 9088ii to process wedge mixes. Any reason not too?
Marsellus Fariss
Production Manager
Grey Eagle Music Hall

Ambassador to Clubland
"Welcome to Clubland! Here's a Sharpie and your input list. Its 30 minutes till doors."

Quote from: dick rees
Just accept that it's a crap situation and take the money.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
Re: Original soundweb 9088 for wedges?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:02:40 AM »

If it's the same as the 9088iis, there is.  If your computer craps and you did not have a chance to back up the program for the BSS, you are screwed - you cannot connect live to the BSS and import the program into the computer - you have to build a new program from scratch.  We (theater) use a Rane RPM88 (which I've seen sell for $850 to $1150).  It's not as quick to import from and load as a DriveRack, but it is 8 in/out and has every feature that you could need).

Marsellus Fariss

• Grey Eagle Music Hall
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 12:22:12 AM »

If it's the same as the 9088iis, there is.  If your computer craps and you did not have a chance to back up the program for the BSS, you are screwed - you cannot connect live to the BSS and import the program into the computer - you have to build a new program from scratch.  We (theater) use a Rane RPM88 (which I've seen sell for $850 to $1150).  It's not as quick to import from and load as a DriveRack, but it is 8 in/out and has every feature that you could need).

Your saying since there's no front panel controls that if the PC your controling the BSS with craps out and you don't have a backup PC with the software loaded your screwed right? If you did have another PC with the software on it you could download the current parameters and configuration from the BSS unit appon connecting to it with the backup PC right? Otherwise it should continue to run the same config on it's own.

I expect this when working with a "program and forget." product. I wouldn't be using it for PEQ for the wedge mixes during the show. I'd be EQ'ing, limiting, perhaps bi-amping with it and wouldn't have much need to tweak after it's programed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:15:08 AM by Marsellus Fariss »
Marsellus Fariss
Production Manager
Grey Eagle Music Hall

Ambassador to Clubland
"Welcome to Clubland! Here's a Sharpie and your input list. Its 30 minutes till doors."

Quote from: dick rees
Just accept that it's a crap situation and take the money.

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »

Your saying since there's no front panel controls that if the PC your controling the BSS with craps out and you don't have a backup PC with the software loaded your screwed right? If you did have another PC with the software on it you could download the current parameters and configuration from the BSS unit appon connecting to it with the backup PC right?

I've never used one, but I THINK he is saying that you cannot download the programming from the SoundWeb. You can only upload new data. In other words, you would need a backup computer, with a backup copy of the original programming.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.