ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: mackie banner  (Read 5328 times)

Grayson MSA Rech

mackie banner
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:12:24 PM »

Anyone getting a chuckle over the Mackie banner regarding 100,000 of power?  Who here has heard of any manufacture caliming 100K of juice from a box or even small 4 box rig?  I know they aren't claiming their box is but Who are they trying to pander too especially here?  I don't know of any manufacture claimg even 50K of power?!?!?!?  Seems like a duh moment that again seems to leave mackie looking pretty stupid in their marketing department.

Oh for the record, I don't hate mackie because its mackie.  It has its place.  I just dislike people with money trying to brain wash those who are uneducated about a topic into buying something that probably a simpler approach would have been just fine.

I think when I turned 30 a few year back I got grumpier . . . geez I'm getting on me own nerves these days . . . where's Geri O when I need a Hell yeah?!?!?

I dig the new lab by the way . . . I've been away for a while . . .

Grayson   

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: mackie banner
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 12:33:56 PM »

The way I look at it, if Mackie et-al is good enough to pick up the tab on letting us freely use the site, well, good for us, good on them. If I happen to get a chuckle from time to time on what the banners say, that's a bonus.
As I am not in the market for anything Mackie sells, i tend to ignore the green flashy anyway.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »

Banners?

;) adblock

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »

Anyone getting a chuckle over the Mackie banner regarding 100,000 of power?  Who here has heard of any manufacture caliming 100K of juice from a box or even small 4 box rig?  I know they aren't claiming their box is but Who are they trying to pander too especially here?  I don't know of any manufacture claimg even 50K of power?!?!?!?  Seems like a duh moment that again seems to leave mackie looking pretty stupid in their marketing department.

Oh for the record, I don't hate mackie because its mackie.  It has its place.  I just dislike people with money trying to brain wash those who are uneducated about a topic into buying something that probably a simpler approach would have been just fine.

I think when I turned 30 a few year back I got grumpier . . . geez I'm getting on me own nerves these days . . . where's Geri O when I need a Hell yeah?!?!?

Grayson

It seems like they are suggesting everybody (but them) lies about loudspeaker specs. This is IMO disingenuous and not constructive. While often repeated by almost everybody in the business, when talking about everybody else in the business.

I believe there is less outright lying about specs than people claim, while there is much confusion and wiggle room in many specifications. Mackie doesn't strike me as likely to present conservative specifications (think Mackie Math). While it is unfair to speculate about them without kicking the tires.

JR

Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:27 PM »

It seems like they are suggesting everybody (but them) lies about loudspeaker specs. This is IMO disingenuous and not constructive. While often repeated by almost everybody in the business, when talking about everybody else in the business.

I believe there is less outright lying about specs than people claim, while there is much confusion and wiggle room in many specifications. Mackie doesn't strike me as likely to present conservative specifications (think Mackie Math). While it is unfair to speculate about them without kicking the tires.

JR

I attached the ad in question for the people who haven't seen it.

Chris Davis

• SR Forums
  • USA
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 03:43:56 PM »

Grayson   

I see they are making progress.  100,000 watts is just a little bit closer to the energy in a bolt of lightning, which can be about 10 billion joules. :)

Taylor Phillips

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 03:57:30 PM »

I think the ad's clever.  They know 100,000 watts is a ridiculous claim that no one is actually making - it's hyperbole. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »

....They know 100,000 watts is a ridiculous claim that no one is actually making - it's hyperbole.

+1

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »

I'm surely repeating myself by now, but they say "Crazy power claims are common these days. Mackie knows you're smarter than that".

I don't know how else to interpret this other than, "other companies are making inflated power claims, but Mackie isn't".

Whatever... if they have people talking about this, they are getting some free extra advertising.

Advertising loudspeakers in terms of power is clearly appealing to unsophisticated consumers anyhow... like how much current your vacuum cleaner draws...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »

... like how much current your vacuum cleaner draws...

JR

Maybe they could try "My vac Suxs more than other brands..."  ;)

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »

Maybe they could try "My vac Suxs more than other brands..."  ;)

Actually Electrolux DID use a slogan like that once "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux"

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 12:59:34 AM »

Firefox, AdBlock Plus
"Oh, you fancy, huh?"

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »

No chuckles here only the thought the banner made sense when it's understood Mackie's claim is they don't use false numbers in their ads. It also seems they have, for the most part, backed up their claim using EAWs lab. What they don't do is give you the name of the products they make their comparisons with, but maybe that's not needed to illustrate the point.

http://www.mackie.com/products/hdseries/pdf/HD_REAL_SPL.pdf
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 24 queries.