ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal Speaker Clamps  (Read 10921 times)

Tracy Garner

Metal Speaker Clamps
« on: March 07, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »

Where can I find some good speaker mounting clamps?

If space isn't an issue does a clamp have advantage(s) over the T-Nut/screw combination when mounting a woofer into a cabinet?

I have seen the ones that look like an L but I can't seem to locate a heavy duty clamp to suit the purpose. I would like to find a heavy metal clamp similar to the image marked clampyes.jpg
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:35:12 PM by Tracy Garner »

duane massey

Re: Metal Speaker Clamps
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:16:26 AM »

Never seen the clamp you are describing in metal, but here's the clamp you've shown in plastic:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=262-360
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Sheldon Harris

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:41:37 AM »

If space isn't an issue does a clamp have advantage(s) over the T-Nut/screw combination when mounting a woofer into a cabinet?

I have seen the ones that look like an L but I can't seem to locate a heavy duty clamp to suit the purpose. I would like to find a heavy metal clamp similar to the image marked clampyes.jpg

i have a few back-line cabinets that still use the L shaped metal clamps: 2 ev bd150m
modified with "monster" rcf 15" woofers and 2" drivers. i was skeptical at first but having inspected the clamps after years of abuse, they are still holding tight and do not show any signs of problems. there are only 4 per driver!

sheldon

Tracy Garner

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:47:39 AM »

...found what I was looking for...

JBL MA15 Speaker mounting kit. Thanks for the input on the L shaped clamps too.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »

The main advantage the clamps offer is more rapid speaker removal and installation while leaving screw hardware in place, such as in studio monitors where the guest engineer blows them up frequently, and they have to be replaced between lines of coke.
They also allow using speakers with slightly different diameters or bolt hole patterns.

I would not use them unless for the above reasons, the offset mounting  is less secure than a screw through the speaker mounting hole.

Art Welter

Adam Kane

• Battle Creek, MI
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 03:39:11 PM »

EDIT

Never mind...misread OP

Sheldon Harris

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 12:05:29 AM »

The main advantage the clamps offer is more rapid speaker removal and installation while leaving screw hardware in place, such as in studio monitors where the guest engineer blows them up frequently, and they have to be replaced between lines of coke.
Art Welter

i wonder how fast is that? ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:10:29 AM by sheldon harris »

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »

i wonder how fast is that? ;D
Time is relative, perception varies between the cocaine snorting guest engineer and the studio tech, but a fast tech can usually replace the speakers faster than the guest engineer can reset all the low frequency EQ he maxed out compensating for the blown woofers.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.