ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rental Line Array question Db Tech vs Wideline  (Read 2765 times)

Teddy Murphy

Rental Line Array question Db Tech vs Wideline
« on: September 22, 2011, 04:37:36 pm »

Ok, I am renting in a line array for an upcoming show, but in the budget that I have to work with I have 2 line array's that I have little or no experience with.  First up is the QSC Wideline 8" rig.  I can get 8 boxes per side with it.  I have mixed 1 band on it and I was pleased with the outcome.  The other is 4 boxes per side of the Db Tech. t12.  I have never even heard that array.  The music is Contemporary Christian and honestly, I believe that trap boxes would have been a better solution for the area being covered but the promoter wants a line array.  Which rig would you choose.

Thomas Lamb

Re: Rental Line Array question Db Tech vs Wideline
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:52:45 pm »

Ok, I am renting in a line array for an upcoming show, but in the budget that I have to work with I have 2 line array's that I have little or no experience with.  First up is the QSC Wideline 8" rig.  I can get 8 boxes per side with it.  I have mixed 1 band on it and I was pleased with the outcome.  The other is 4 boxes per side of the Db Tech. t12.  I have never even heard that array.  The music is Contemporary Christian and honestly, I believe that trap boxes would have been a better solution for the area being covered but the promoter wants a line array.  Which rig would you choose.

How big is the room? How many people in attendance? What kind of subs with each rig? For its size the T stuff is pretty amazing!! And it is DB Audiotechnik. If its a 500 seat room and they are gonna give you 4 ts and 2 B2's a side you will be happy. If its a 1500 seat room then its probably a different story......
T
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:56:57 pm »

And it is DB Audiotechnik
Actually it isn't - it's the other DB Technologies.
http://www.dbtechnologies.com/index.php?id=22&L=0&tx_amdbt_pi1[category]=31&tx_amdbt_pi1[product]=680

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 05:00:49 pm »

Actually it isn't - it's the other DB Technologies.
http://www.dbtechnologies.com/index.php?id=22&L=0&tx_amdbt_pi1[category]=31&tx_amdbt_pi1[product]=680

GRRRR speaker manufacturers that have names that could in any way be misconstrued . Should at minimum not be aloud to have series that start with the same nomenclature.

OK well disregard my first post. (well not completely the size and attendance are important factors) I know nothing about DB technologies!!!

My Bad.......
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Teddy Murphy

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 05:04:36 pm »

if it were D&B I would have already picked that rig.  It is an outdoor festival that averages around 600-800 people in attendance.  The subs are 3 srx 728's per side.

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

How big is the room? How many people in attendance? What kind of subs with each rig? For its size the T stuff is pretty amazing!! And it is DB Audiotechnik. If its a 500 seat room and they are gonna give you 4 ts and 2 B2's a side you will be happy. If its a 1500 seat room then its probably a different story......
T
I think the OP was refering to DB Technologies, not D&B Audiotechnik.

The DB Tech T4 is a very nice sounding box, and I assume that the T12 will be voiced similarly as they are intended to be used together in arrays. They are also powered unlike the wideline boxes, and will eliminate the need for dedicated amp racks.

All the wideline stuff I have heard was before QSC released the SC28, which supposedly improved things quite a bit, so I will reserve judgment.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 25 queries.