ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: protecting scenes on an M7  (Read 1388 times)

Mark Schneider

protecting scenes on an M7
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:38:27 am »

I have a church that has a Yamaha M7 console.  They do not have any global administrator rights enabled, so essentially anyone can turn it on and access everything.  That is fine for them, they don't play around with settings they shouldn't, so don't want to enable something to force each operator to enter a password upon powering the console up.

That being said, there is one scene that they want to protect and not allow changes too.  Is it possible to enable protection on a single scene withouth creating a global need to enter a password each time for individual users? 

Essentially, all I wish to do is protect one scene from being saved over, while still allowing access to edit it without other users being able to save to it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:05:23 am by Mark Schneider »

Jonathan Schroeder

• SR Forums
  • Houston, Tx
Re: protecting scenes on an M7
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 03:47:47 pm »

Essentially, all I wish to do is protect one scene from being saved over, while still allowing access to edit it without other users being able to save to it.

If you touch the scene window on the lower right of the TS, the scene list window opens.  Touch the little grey box under the R next to the scene name and a little lock emblem appears.  That will lock the scene and not allow someone to inadvertently save over the scene.  It doesn't offer password protection, so someone could repeat this process and unprotect the scene, but they would have to think it through before they did it.  It saves you from the "crap, I bumped the store button, and confirmation is turned off!" accidents, but if someone wants to and knows the board, they can work around it.  This will still allow you to edit any parameter, but you won't be able to save the changes, and all of the changes you have made can be un-done by recalling the scene. 

I would keep a memory stick with the basics stored on it so if someone really messes it up, you can simply reload the board and move on. 

Alternately, you could have them run as a guest all the time (no password) and not allow the guest to store scenes, but leave them the ability to recall scenes.  That way, you could allow the basic users to run without a password, but they couldn't store a scene. (Or anything else you want to exclude them from)  Allow the lead techs to use the password and they can save scenes and set up the board for Sunday and know the scenes won't get modified.

Jon

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: protecting scenes on an M7
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 03:47:47 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.