ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SC48 Plug-ins  (Read 3748 times)

Aaron Talley

SC48 Plug-ins
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:42:58 AM »

We are adding and SC48 to our rental inventory.

I was looking at getting either the Waves Live bundle or the McDSP Live Pack to go with it.
This is the first Avid/Digi console for us, so I am not all up to speed on what plug-ins are more popular than others.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Talley

Roland Clarke

Re: SC48 Plug-ins
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:23:23 AM »

I would have a good look at what comes with your package first.  Smack is a great all round compressor, I like Revibe and TL Space verbs, Line 6 Echofarm is great.  The McDSP filterbank is as good an EQ as anything I've seen.  An amp simulator like Eleven or waves Stomp can be useful.  The waves H-Comp is good too.  As you only have 20 slot's available, I would look closely at what you want you will probably be using 5-6 for effects so that will not leave you much left.  The BF Fairchild 670 is great for lifting a vocal on the money channel.  The Waves package is great too.  You need to be quite selective with the SC48.  Hope this helps!

Jason Raboin

• Klondike Sound
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »

I am a big fan of the Massey plug ins.  They take a little more effort to install, but it's worth it.  I use the compressor, de-esser, and tape head.  I also like the limiter on the main bus.

Jason Raboin
Partner
Klondike Sound

Chris Hunt

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »

Talley,

Oh the fun has begun! I use one every week so if there is ever anything you need or any tips/tricks you want to ask about, PM me and I'll be glad to help.  The plugins that come with the console, albeit different from the Mix Rack and DShow, are great.  I have found that the Digi reverbs CAN sound good but with a lot of work.  Smack is a good general compressor like Roland mentioned.  With only 20 spots available, if you fill them with Digi plugs you will run out of DSP, I've done it.  Personally, I would get the Waves Live and SSL bundles.  You get great sounding reverbs, robust delays, multi band comps, fx and mods, and having the SSL channels and bus comp will give you everything you need.  The only other plug that a lot of touring guys really like is Phoenix by Cranesong.  But the Waves stuff is incredibly DSP efficient and sounds great without much work, even better when you dig in! Don't have much time with McDSP plugins, but I hear good things. 

A fully loaded Waves desk will fit into anyone's rider, good luck!!
Chris Hunt
Limelight - FOH
-----------------------------

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.