ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Audio Battery Powered  (Read 3018 times)

Peezlepop

Live Audio Battery Powered
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:40:21 AM »

I'm putting together a small battery powered system. I have a 12V deep cycle battery, an inverter from Radio Shack (12V to 115V AC at 350W), and a Fishman SA 220 (line array amp). Everything is in good working order, and it works. It is however producing quite a buzz. I put a Furman power conditioner in between the inverter and amp with no change. Any ideas?  Thanks

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
Re: Live Audio Battery Powered
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »

I'm putting together a small battery powered system. I have a 12V deep cycle battery, an inverter from Radio Shack (12V to 115V AC at 350W), and a Fishman SA 220 (line array amp). Everything is in good working order, and it works. It is however producing quite a buzz. I put a Furman power conditioner in between the inverter and amp with no change. Any ideas?  Thanks
It is quite possible that your inverter is producing a square wave rather than a pure sin wave. Why not just use one of the many available 12v PA amplifiers? Your loosing a lot of power to heat going DC>AC>DC.

Also, change your username to your real name per the board rules.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:25:53 PM by Chris Carpenter »

Mark Chrysostom

• Charleston, SC
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:55:49 AM »

I would be more inclined to use a small generator, instead of a battery / inverter. As Chris said, all that converting is not very efficient.

Honda has some very compact and extremely quiet generators.

http://www.randmh.com/honda-portable-generator-701-100/generators/?cid=F81100&source=rangs

Peezlepop

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:00:21 AM »

Just trying out what I have. An experiment. I have another involving powered speakers a Mackie 1206 and a wagon to possibly tow in a wagon or a Labor Day Parade. I am trying to keep it simple. If I can solve the hideous buzz problem.... Sorry about the name thing.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber