ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: diffuson material for LED bar lights  (Read 4366 times)

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
diffuson material for LED bar lights
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »

I have 4 Chauvet ColorBand Tri bar lights that I'm using standing up pointed at the audience. 
They're pretty bright in the small places I work. I think something that diffused the light would help them do what I want. 
The face/lens of the light is approx 2" x 40"
Can I just tape something on there?  Suggestions?

James Feenstra

Re: diffuson material for LED bar lights
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:31:14 PM »

yeah tape'd on gel on leds is just fine, they don't get hot

you'd want something in the rosco 100-119 range or lee- http://www.leefilters.com/lighting/products/range/ref:I46C9C14F8BA5B/
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:00:44 PM »

I have 4 Chauvet ColorBand Tri bar lights that I'm using standing up pointed at the audience. 
They're pretty bright in the small places I work. I think something that diffused the light would help them do what I want. 

I've used the pebbly "prismatic" sort of plastic diffuser for suspended ceiling type fluorescent fixtures that is sold at Lowe's or Home Depot with good results on some AMDJ Punch Pro LED fixtures. Looks kind of neat too. Standard size is 2' x 4' so that would work for you. Score the plastic with a box knife and snap it off. They sold me a 2' x 4' with edge chipped off for half price ($2). You can just gaff tape it on.
Scott Hofmann

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:49:03 AM »

I have a bunch of the ColorDash Battens. I had the same issue with them and a diffuser really helps alot. I dis-assembled the fixtures and pulled the lenses out of them that protect the diodes and applied a frosting film to them and then re-installed.

Works perfectly and looks from the factory clean. Had this not worked so well I would not have bought more of the fixtures, but its been fantastic.

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »

I have a bunch of the ColorDash Battens. I had the same issue with them and a diffuser really helps alot. I dis-assembled the fixtures and pulled the lenses out of them that protect the diodes and applied a frosting film to them and then re-installed.

Works perfectly and looks from the factory clean. Had this not worked so well I would not have bought more of the fixtures, but its been fantastic.

What film did you use?  Is it removable?

Nick Pignetti

• Event Pro Live
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 03:36:01 PM »

What film did you use?  Is it removable?

I suppose in theory it's removable. I've never taken it off- there's really never a reason to. It does not affect the lights output- I've checked side by side of those with the film vs. those fresh out of the box. To my eye, there is no output difference. All it does is noticeably smooth out the color mixing.

You can in theory peel it off after its applied though I suppose. What I did was to cut sheets of clear plexi to the same size as the factory lenses. That way I swap out lenses instead of peeling off the film.

I honestly can't remember the brand off the top of my head. You can get it at home depot though.

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »

I suppose in theory it's removable. I've never taken it off- there's really never a reason to. It does not affect the lights output- I've checked side by side of those with the film vs. those fresh out of the box. To my eye, there is no output difference. All it does is noticeably smooth out the color mixing.

You can in theory peel it off after its applied though I suppose. What I did was to cut sheets of clear plexi to the same size as the factory lenses. That way I swap out lenses instead of peeling off the film.

I honestly can't remember the brand off the top of my head. You can get it at home depot though.

New lens is a great idea.
You can always go back to stock.
Trip to Lowes coming up.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:22 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.