ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I use snake send cables as return cables?  (Read 28334 times)

Jordan Wolf

Re: Can I use snake send cables as return cables?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 05:56:48 PM »

This part has been bugging me since I first read it.  Other than custom bundled cables and power snakes with speaker level returns are there standard multi core bundles that use a larger gauge wire for returns?  Every reel of bulk I've ever gotten has had the same configuration per channel and did not have designated returns until it was terminated.  On pre-made snakes the only indication of a "return line" was a different shrink wrap size or color along with labeling.  Am I way off here?  Have I been mis-informed all these years?
All the multicore I have used is just like you describe, Lee.

However, if the snake is anything like the Whirlwind Medusa Power series, the returns could be larger gauge speaker wire to allow a powered mixer to run the amp outs through it.  Whirlwind's model has 4 "normal" returns and 2 "speaker" returns. however.

Maybe the OP can post a picture or give us more info on the labelling of the snake and box.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Gordon Waugh

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »

All the multicore I have used is just like you describe, Lee.

However, if the snake is anything like the Whirlwind Medusa Power series, the returns could be larger gauge speaker wire to allow a powered mixer to run the amp outs through it.  Whirlwind's model has 4 "normal" returns and 2 "speaker" returns. however.

Maybe the OP can post a picture or give us more info on the labelling of the snake and box.

I don't have the snake with me right now, but I do know it has standard cables. it contains no speaker cables. All of my speakers are self-powered.
Gordon Waugh

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 22 queries.