ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drum Mics  (Read 2242 times)

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
Drum Mics
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Drum Mics
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:55:21 PM »

You get what you pay for.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »

Good Deal?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/?src=3TP7MQ

Regards,  John

Hello John,

In another Forum this Mic deal was discussed a bit.

About 4 weeks ago, I scanned MF for some current prices on Mics and to see what new products are available.  I admit I generally don't buy anything from MF or GC.  But, if you are looking at purchasing a Mic, they're a good indicator of what you can expect to pay for your chosen product.

Anyway, it was an early Sunday Morning...looking at Mics. Scanning some old faithfuls and a couple models that I don't have, and a couple of prices caught my eye.  There were some really nice small, Condenser Mics and then a Couple of Drum Mic packages from EV that seemed ridiculously low in price.

I bought two of the PL DK 7 Mic Kits at $179.95 ea (same as referenced but with 2 additonal Condenser Mics.)   These Mic Packages are usually on sale for about $650.00

I figure they're EV, how bad can they be...and, since I collect Mics....they'll add to my collection.   After placing my order, I returned to the Website to find the Mic prices returned to their standard pricing, seems as though someone entered the wrong pricing...?

This past week, I had the opportunity to try the PL 35 mics, not on Drums, but a horn Section, and they sounded pretty good.  Haven't had the opportunity to try the PL 33 (Kick Mic) or the two PL 37s (Condensers)

They may never be my go-to Mics for Drums, but as a backup Mic probably more than worth the price.  So far...a great deal.

Cheers,
    Hammer

ps   I'm wondering if these Mics are/will be a discontinued product either from MF or from EV....
pss  I bought two of these advertised kits today, one for me, and one for an additional poster.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:32:04 PM by Charlie Zureki »
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:46:37 PM »

Thanks Charlie,

They claim the retail is around $800.00 Dollars, so I figured it may not be bad quality.

I ordered a set also (Mine are back ordered until Nov..

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,  John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 02:46:37 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.