ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultratec Radiance Hazer  (Read 13189 times)

Nate Armstrong

Ultratec Radiance Hazer
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:47:22 PM »

I bought  an Ultratec Radiance hazer a couple of months ago. 
I use swampys haze juice that is formulated for the radiance.   

Often times having the lowest haze out put and highest fan output is still Way to much output for smaller venues.   If I am running it DMX I can put the  hazer on the lowest setting and then run a Timer and that works out ok .  If I have it stand alone I have to constantly turn it on and off through out the show

Is the high Haze amount due to the Swampys haze fluid ? 
Would using the standard fluid have less of a haze output ?

Stuart Pendleton

• Colonial Yorktown, VA
Re: Ultratec Radiance Hazer
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »

I don't know about your juice since I use Ultratec stuff. I can say that even on the lowest setting, it is too much for small clubs if left on. I have a button on my DMX console that is programmed to cycle it when needed. I ind that a 4-5 second burst every 5-10 minutes is enough in many places unless the HVAC runs high. I have not found a low enough DMX setting to make it as transparent as I need it to be. In 2 minutes of running almost every club I work looks like it is on fire.

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 04:30:31 PM »

Ok , thanks..   

Yeah this thing is a beast..

John Chiara

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 11:12:44 PM »

I don't know about your juice since I use Ultratec stuff. I can say that even on the lowest setting, it is too much for small clubs if left on. I have a button on my DMX console that is programmed to cycle it when needed. I ind that a 4-5 second burst every 5-10 minutes is enough in many places unless the HVAC runs high. I have not found a low enough DMX setting to make it as transparent as I need it to be. In 2 minutes of running almost every club I work looks like it is on fire.

I agree. Too big for many venues. One I had needed frequent unclogging from running so low.

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »

Yeah, you'll definitely want control over it. I do not run mine full tilt st outdoor shows.

Len Zenith Jr

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »

I had the same problem with the radiance in our venue, too much output even on the lowest settings. I ended up diluting the fluid 1 part fluid to 4 parts distilled water. That worked perefectly and is the way I continue to use the system. I also emailed radiance directly about the situation and they DO NOT recommend doing what I do as there is a possibility of ejecting hot fluid out of the nozzle and perhaps onto someone. I have yet to experience this. They recommend either using their interval timer remote (losing dmx) or replacing the pump with a lower volume one (1/4 output) at the expense of losing max output on the highest setting.

The following is the emails we exchanged with radiance on the issue:

Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 4:47 PM
To: Don Phillips
Subject: Radiance hazer

Hi , I’m a proud new owner of a radiance hazer and have a technical question. The output even on the lowest setting is a bit much for our venue. From a technical standpoint would diluting your fluid with distilled water be an effective way of reducing the machines output?

Sincerely
Len Zenith

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Len,

You can't just dilute the fluid. The machine will start to spit hot fluid from the front if you do.

A couple of things that might help. If you are running in stand-alone mode (from the rear switches) you can only go as low as 1 on the switch and that represents 32 on the DMX data (1-255).

1) If you use a DMX source you can go down to a data of 4 (minimum).
2) If you add a remote to control it you can turn it to minimum and add interval time delay to drop it farther back.
3) We can also offer you a pump that outputs 1/4 of the standard one but you will lose the top end.

I hope this helps.

Don Phillips

Ultratec Special Effects

www.ultratecfx.com

519-951-3352

-------------------------------------------------

duane massey

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 11:26:30 PM »

I have found the Radiance to be a great machine for larger venues, but I really disllike the timer remote that comes with it. The manual does not explain how it actually works, and it is not intuitive for your average DJ. In smaller venues (or very simple applications) I prefer the Le Maitre Neutron machine. Simple DIY remote switch and very consistently thin output.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »

I really like my friends Martin K1 hazer.  The haze out put is much much thinner . Its so thin you can hardly notice it at all, yet looks great in lighting. We have used it outside many times now with really great results. It also has an automatic clean cycle after shutdown.  Even if you loose power it has a battery backup and still performs the  clean cycle.  I am thinking about purchasing one my self. Its martins 25 year anniversary and I think its on sale for almost $800 off. Putting it in the same price range or lower than a radiance 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.