ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cable suggestion  (Read 2471 times)

Thomas Lamb

Cable suggestion
« on: September 09, 2011, 02:48:18 PM »

I need to make some turnarounds and some XLR to TRS adapters. I did this several years back and bought some cable that was a little bit smaller overall diameter. Almost in-between a normal mic cable and install cable size. I think it was a MOGAMI cable and it came in many colors (i like to make them bright so I can find them easy). Any suggestions I have gone through a bunch of markertek pages and can't find exactly what I was looking for.
Thx
T
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Ricky Lighthall

Re: Cable suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:26:28 PM »

I need to make some turnarounds and some XLR to TRS adapters. I did this several years back and bought some cable that was a little bit smaller overall diameter. Almost in-between a normal mic cable and install cable size. I think it was a MOGAMI cable and it came in many colors (i like to make them bright so I can find them easy). Any suggestions I have gone through a bunch of markertek pages and can't find exactly what I was looking for.
Thx
T

We use what you are describing at work.  If you dont get an answer I can look Monday.

Chris Gruber

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »

Thx
T

http://www.audiopile.net/products/BULK_CABLE/BULK_CABLE.shtml Available by the foot in 5 different colors. Also found this http://www.fullcompass.com/product/328341.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:12:40 PM by Chris Gruber »

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »

I like Horizon LoZ1 (no brown or gray - you get dark blue or pink instead).  Also WireWorks MusiLux (more expensive, but the jacket has better dirt resistance) (but I can't find a source for cut lengths).

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »

+1 for Horizon. It "works" fast.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.