ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: wireless VGA to VGA extender?  (Read 17739 times)

Billy Wood

• Audio Visual Professional Group
Re: wireless VGA to VGA extender?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 10:54:01 PM »

I would think it is the splitter out of experience.  And it is probably the power supply for the splitter. I have had that happen with other companies cheap equipment.  It usually takes the splitter out with it in cheaper equipment.   
     I have found that Intelix, Gefen, or Extron are the only balun systems I trust.  I prefer Extron and I just sold a bunch to NASA so they may be out of your price range but also gives you an idea of their reliability.

Billy Wood
www.avprogroup.com
The Woodlands, TX
Billy Wood
www.avprogroup.com
The Woodlands, TX

Nick Bair

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »

I ran a KVM extender that uses Cat5e. I don't know what it's doing to the signal but it works much better than the passive VGA baluns I've used in the past. Almost flawlessly, in fact. The run is 150ft past can and fluorescent lights in the ceiling. We also use a Kramer switcher similar to yours (VP727 I think).

http://www.aten.com/products/productItem.php?pcid=2005010513171002&psid=20060414154647002&pid=20091116165133001&layerid=subClass1

As a bonus it allows me to plug in a USB PowerPoint remote receiver directly above the presenter where the projector is mounted, which works much more reliably than when the remote and receiver were 100ft apart.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Bill Beach

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 09:22:57 PM »

as it turns out, it was the power supply for the powered baluns.  the one for the transmitter unit.
however, we3 are now using straight VGA cables to each projector with no drop out problems.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 09:22:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.