ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ubiquiti Bullet M5 with iPad and StageMix  (Read 5937 times)

Tiago de Sousa

Re: Ubiquiti Bullet M5 with iPad and StageMix
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 09:59:08 PM »

Yeah it's defo possible to get them working well, I had the M2 version for years and it worked great.

But like any professional product, it has lots of options and settings which on the one hand is great but on the other you need a little bit of knowledge to get them to work properly.

Thank you so much Kevin for your great explanation and guide, I will use your guidelines to setup my Bullet.

I just bough a Bullet AC B-DB-AC, it's one of the Dual Band units.

I'm just looking for a suitable Antenna and I will use it on the road.

Thank you so much

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 10:03:08 PM »

Next time let me know - I'll be happy to pay for shipping and you can send them to me.
They are fantastic APs once you "upgrade" their firmware to DD-WRT.

There's a few Bullet units that support DD-WRT, including the M2 and M5, so for those who found the setup difficult then changing for DD-WRT would probably make it simpler to setup.
Don't see any reason to trash these units then

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 04:20:14 PM »

Thank you so much Kevin for your great explanation and guide, I will use your guidelines to setup my Bullet.

I just bough a Bullet AC B-DB-AC, it's one of the Dual Band units.

I'm just looking for a suitable Antenna and I will use it on the road.

Thank you so much

:-[ :-[

I would be cautious purchasing the newer AC range bullets. I haven't used one personally, but as far as I understood you can't turn AirMAX off in them, which means they don't work for desk control.

As said above, you may be able to flash it to DD-WRT and get it to work that way, haven't tried that.

Kev

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »

:-[ :-[

I would be cautious purchasing the newer AC range bullets. I haven't used one personally, but as far as I understood you can't turn AirMAX off in them, which means they don't work for desk control.

As said above, you may be able to flash it to DD-WRT and get it to work that way, haven't tried that.

Kev
I believe all of the Ubiquiti UniFi series APs work fine for desk control.
..db

Kevin McDonough

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 01:34:37 PM »

I believe all of the Ubiquiti UniFi series APs work fine for desk control.

Yeah, can confirm, as that's what I use now. 

My Bullet M2 worked great for what it was, but as 2.4ghz became more and more crowded I wanted to move to 5. I was just gonna buy a Bullet AC, but realised at the last minute that you couldn't turn off AirMAX and got a UniFi Mesh instead, which also works great.

Kev

Steve Garris

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »

There are so many Ubiquiti products that I'm completely confused by what the differences are between them. I see many posts on this forum & others that state these things work really well, but I've been afraid to purchase one due to my very limited networking knowledge and threads like these.

Here is the unit I'm looking at, which has the PoE feature:
https://amzn.to/2MlGBKJ

Any thoughts on this?

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 07:31:29 PM »

I was just gonna buy a Bullet AC, but realised at the last minute that you couldn't turn off AirMAX and got a UniFi Mesh instead, which also works great.
Kev

Oh Really????????

gosh, I already bought the unit, I didn't know that. Crazy

So if there's no option to disable AirMax it cant be used has an AP or Bridge?

Tiago de Sousa

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 07:40:19 PM »

at least on the DD-WRT website it doesn't list the Bullet AC on the supported hardware only the following ones:

John Schalk

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 08:49:29 AM »

There are so many Ubiquiti products that I'm completely confused by what the differences are between them. I see many posts on this forum & others that state these things work really well, but I've been afraid to purchase one due to my very limited networking knowledge and threads like these.

Here is the unit I'm looking at, which has the PoE feature:
https://amzn.to/2MlGBKJ
That is the unit the I ended up buying.  I got mine from B&H Photo for $92 including tax and shipping.  Amazon does not always have the best prices ;)

You will need to install the Ubiquity App to configure the Mesh, and when you do, make sure that you plug the Mesh into a network with internet access.  That was the only difficulty that I had with getting mine to work and I am not very knowledgeable about networking either.  The "flying saucer" Ubiquity APs have a QR code on them that the app can scan for setup, but the the Mesh APs do not, and I could not get mine to show up in the App until I plugged it into my home network (I was trying to configure it while plugged into the band's LAN.)  To date, I've only used the Mesh AP once for a street festival, but it performed really well and I'm happy with the purchase. 

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 10:40:26 AM »

You will need to install the Ubiquity App to configure the Mesh, and when you do, make sure that you plug the Mesh into a network with internet access. 
Same here. I first connected my UAP-AC-LR to my mixer network and right off was blocked by a pop up that required upgrading the firmware. After connecting it to my home network and completing that step setup went fairly smoothly.
..db

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 10:40:26 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.