ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what IEM frequencies to get for world tour?  (Read 2874 times)

Daniel Ellis

what IEM frequencies to get for world tour?
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:02:42 pm »

The band I'm with wants to purchase some IEM systems to be used all over the place.. USA, Europe, South America, Africa, Japan and so on..

Are there any frequencies that won't work or won't be legal in other countries that I should know about?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I don't know much about wireless outside of the US.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: what IEM frequencies to get for world tour?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:41:13 am »

The band I'm with wants to purchase some IEM systems to be used all over the place.. USA, Europe, South America, Africa, Japan and so on..

Are there any frequencies that won't work or won't be legal in other countries that I should know about?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I don't know much about wireless outside of the US.

This has come up many time in the "old forums" (link on the forums index page) and has come up at least once since the new forums went on line.  Search.

The simple answer is that you will not find a single product that will work *legally* everywhere.  Even if the unit would accommodate other assignments, in many countries (UK and Germany among others) you MUST have a license to use wireless.

I suggest you purchase systems that are legal for where you live or where you work most of the time.  Since you're a band, I'd then suggest you have the LOCAL PROMOTER hire in appropriate, licensed IEM packages in other countries you visit.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 02:52:45 pm »

This will be difficult to achieve.
Not just frequencies but the allowable transmit power varies by country. All the newer units from Sennheiser and Shure let you adjust this.

You can licence your USA approved units online for the UK at jfmg.com. There are online tools there to help you avoid intereference with broadcast transmitters and other licencees.
It is around 9 pounds per frequency per use. It adds up fast.

Japan has very restricted spectrum available for iem. You'll notice that manufactures have a seperate frequency block for the Japanese market.

And it just gets more complicated as you throw in more countries.

If you rent locally the vendor will have a licence already that covers there rental inventory. They will also have a good handle on what works in their area and what if any paperwork is needed from your end.

Cheers,
John

Daniel Ellis

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »

If you rent locally the vendor will have a licence already that covers there rental inventory. They will also have a good handle on what works in their area and what if any paperwork is needed from your end.

Cheers,
John

thank you..  That's what I was starting to think.   Way easier to just rent locally.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 23 queries.