ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4x Wireless Mics, 4x Wireless IEM - do I need a antenna combiner?  (Read 5311 times)

Ben Brunskill

Hi guys.

Over the last year or so, we've been moving across to IEM for the band. (Singers still on 3 wedges)
We've also picked up another channel of wireless mic, and I'm wondering if we need a proper antenna system.

I'm hearing the occasionally spot of interference, but not bad.

What we have:
Sennheiser EW100 x3
Shure SRX 58a x1 (700 range)

Sennheiser IEM G2 x1 (700 range)
Sennheiser IEM G3 x1
Shure PSM600 x1
and a JTS SIEM x1 (700 range)

as you can see, some of it is in the 700 range, (not illegal here in NZ) and the rest is in the 600.
What exactly would I need to get all this working together on a real antenna?

Thanks,

Ben

Nicholas Bailey

Re: 4x Wireless Mics, 4x Wireless IEM - do I need a antenna combiner?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:00:31 PM »

Short answer, a antenna distro and a directional antennas would help you with reception.  Your mix of equipment would require a distro for the EW100 mics, a second one for the Sennheiser IEM, and maybe just remote antennas on the other equipment. 

How are they setup now???  If they are in a rack with the antennas just plugged into the back of the units, thats not the most effective way to set the antennas.  I run sound for a church plant.  We did not have the money for the distro.  We have 6 Sennheiser IEM G2 and 4 Sennheiser G3 EW100 microphones.  What I did was get the remote antenna kits and mount the 3 IEM antennas on a solid blank rack panel and the other three antennas on another panel mounted on the rear of the rack.  I did the same thing with the EW100s microphones.  I mounted four antennas in one rack blank panel and the other four in another panel.  This gets the antennas out where they can work better and out of all the interference that is present inside the rack.  Our rolling rack has a left rack and a right rack.  The microphones receivers are on the left and the IEMs are on the right.  I can get you some pictures if you like.

Later,

Nick

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: 4x Wireless Mics, 4x Wireless IEM - do I need a antenna combiner?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 01:07:34 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.