ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Funktion One's Tony Andrews speaks on good sound... Video  (Read 10095 times)

Reggie Kendrick

• Channel Live Productions - raising the bar...
    • Channel Live Productions
Funktion One's Tony Andrews speaks on good sound... Video
« on: January 27, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »

I've never heard Funktion-One speakers but I like what this guy has to say about his product. He sounds pretty passionate about sound and not like he's trying to flood the market with cookie-cutter run-of-the-mill speakers like many manufacturers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knUnWf2Lh9k

He also has a lot to say about DJ's and our unfortunate use of mp3's for music playback.  I wish I could run all .wav or AIFF music file formats but that's not what the record pools are putting out, plus, the original production on 90% of music today is hot garbage, so what's the use...
Raising the bar...

Atlanta Wedding DJs
Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Re: Funktion One's Tony Andrews speaks on good sound... Video
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »

I've never heard Funktion-One speakers but I like what this guy has to say about his product. He sounds pretty passionate about sound and not like he's trying to flood the market with cookie-cutter run-of-the-mill speakers like many manufacturers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knUnWf2Lh9k

He also has a lot to say about DJ's and our unfortunate use of mp3's for music playback.  I wish I could run all .wav or AIFF music file formats but that's not what the record pools are putting out, plus, the original production on 90% of music today is hot garbage, so what's the use...
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Todd Anisman

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »

I've heard Funktion-one on several different systems, and it is OUtstanding... It is also a VERy Good Live music system as well.  There is a festival here in SoCal that used a fairly big F-1 setup for both live band & DJ, and it hit really hard.  Very smooth in the top, and arrayed well for wider coverage.  and the subs..Oh My.

Very good stuff, very expensive.

Todd A.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »

I've heard Funktion-one on several different systems, and it is OUtstanding... It is also a VERy Good Live music system as well.  There is a festival here in SoCal that used a fairly big F-1 setup for both live band & DJ, and it hit really hard.  Very smooth in the top, and arrayed well for wider coverage.  and the subs..Oh My.

Very good stuff, very expensive.

Todd A.

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/24153/222388/0/
It's got electrolytes. 

Iain.Macdonald

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 12:23:32 PM »

Quote from: Doug Fowler
http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/24153/222388/0/

What message are you referring to?

Iain.

Doug Fowler

• Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »

What message are you referring to?

Iain.

Iain -

None in particular, just a pointer to a previous discussion.

It's got electrolytes. 

Kurt Stephens

• SR Forums
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »

good video,

As SynAudCon founder Don Davis reiterates "If bad sound were fatal, audio would be the leading cause of death"

As Tony Andrews says "The sound [quality] in the world generally is going down"

DaveSlater

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 08:09:49 PM »

good video,

As SynAudCon founder Don Davis reiterates "If bad sound were fatal, audio would be the leading cause of death"

As Tony Andrews says "The sound [quality] in the world generally is going down"

Couldn't agree more and I blame the iPod with its cheap earbuds and people using 128kbits to cram as many tunes onto them as possible for causing the majority of that decline in recent years

If people don't have a proper reference how can they make a qualified judgement as to what it should sound like?

The more that happens, the more we end up in a downward spiral with people referencing to the shit that went before

Until they come across a properly deployed system that blows away their expectations

Which is where we come in...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 09:04:43 PM »

Couldn't agree more and I blame the iPod with its cheap earbuds and people using 128kbits to cram as many tunes onto them as possible for causing the majority of that decline in recent years

If people don't have a proper reference how can they make a qualified judgement as to what it should sound like?

The more that happens, the more we end up in a downward spiral with people referencing to the shit that went before

Until they come across a properly deployed system that blows away their expectations

Which is where we come in...
But then they will think that all it takes is "more watts" to get that sound.  And they will be sadly mistaken.

It is the combination of many different factors-most of which they don't understand.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »

Heard many many F1 system and am 50/50 on them..... The F218 are crap (honk honk honk) and the RES4 & 5 are nice when setup right :)

Asking club owners to ask there dj's to play WAV files only is a joke lol. Yes in a perfect world dj would use WAV files but they don't end of story. Also a lot of tracks sound crap whether there MP3 or WAV anyways its all in the production.

There's a lot of F1 system around London / UK but there not really used for live music and there not rated as ''the best'' unlike Meyer, Nexo, d&b etc etc ...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.