ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville E15 HF issues?  (Read 4576 times)

Daniel Lozada

• Gulf South Productions
Yorkville E15 HF issues?
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:19:14 PM »

Anyone else ever experience intermittent problems with the HF driver in the Yorkville E15s?  It seems like I have a couple of cabs (I own 4 total) that the HF driver cuts out at low volumes, but then kicks in as the cabinet warms up or I bring the volume up.  It's been doing it off and on for the last year or so.  Once it kicks in there doesn't seem to be any other problems for the rest of the evening, but the first half hour or so its cutting in and out.  I've replaced the HF driver with brand new ones to no avail.

I'm running thru a Yorkville processor if that matters - I don't think its a processor issue, but I'm no expert either.
Gulf South Productions
PA: RCF HDL50/HDL30/HDL26/SUB9006, Dynacord Cobra, Dynacord Xa2, Nexo Geo S12, RS18
Consoles: Midas Pro2, Pro1, M32, M32R
RF: Shure UHF-R, PSM900, Professional Wireless
Lighting: Chauvet Professional
Lighting Control: Hog, Avo, Martin
Staging: Stageline, Staging Dimensions
Video: Blackmagic Design, Kramer, Decimator

Mississippi, US

Aaron_McQueen

Re: Yorkville E15 HF issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:48:04 PM »

Anyone else ever experience intermittent problems with the HF driver in the Yorkville E15s?  It seems like I have a couple of cabs (I own 4 total) that the HF driver cuts out at low volumes, but then kicks in as the cabinet warms up or I bring the volume up.  It's been doing it off and on for the last year or so.  Once it kicks in there doesn't seem to be any other problems for the rest of the evening, but the first half hour or so its cutting in and out.  I've replaced the HF driver with brand new ones to no avail.

I'm running thru a Yorkville processor if that matters - I don't think its a processor issue, but I'm no expert either.

Have you checked the crossovers?

Daniel Lozada

• Gulf South Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »

I haven't checked the crossovers because I don't know enough about them to know what to look for...If something was burnt to the point where I could look at it and tell (or loose) then I think it would never work vs working after it warms  up or the volume comes up.

Gulf South Productions
PA: RCF HDL50/HDL30/HDL26/SUB9006, Dynacord Cobra, Dynacord Xa2, Nexo Geo S12, RS18

Mississippi, US

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:12:12 PM »

Open up the boxes and check the solder connections on the xovers and re-flow them if need be
Look at the solder connections with a magnifier and see if they are cracked or not completley flowed
Also, pull and connections and put them back in place on the xover and to the drivers.  I suspect
your issue will be resolved

Daniel Lozada

• Gulf South Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:58:26 PM »

Thanks -  I will look into that this week...
Gulf South Productions

Mississippi, US

David Allred

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:49:52 AM »

I had the same problem with an E12 (same horn & driver).  No issues if I hi-passed it really high and the problem would gradually return as I approached full range.  Full range made the problem pretty noticable.  If sitting directly on a running sub the problem was really bad.   That told me vibration was the cause.
My problem was 2 different things.  I could cause the cut-out by stressing the wire at the driver terminal.  I repaired that but the problem was only slightly better.  Hit the solder points on the cross-over.  Problem went away for good.

David

Daniel Lozada

• Gulf South Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 11:56:46 AM »

I had the same problem with an E12 (same horn & driver).  No issues if I hi-passed it really high and the problem would gradually return as I approached full range.  Full range made the problem pretty noticable.  If sitting directly on a running sub the problem was really bad.   That told me vibration was the cause.
My problem was 2 different things.  I could cause the cut-out by stressing the wire at the driver terminal.  I repaired that but the problem was only slightly better.  Hit the solder points on the cross-over.  Problem went away for good.

David

Good to know David - thanks.  I will pull all the crossovers this week and take a look at them.
Gulf South Productions

Mississippi, US

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 11:56:46 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.