ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Festival Security?  (Read 11436 times)

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
Re: Festival Security?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »

Appologies, this may be a bit off topic, but in the UK anyone providing security services in a public place must be SIA registered (http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/home.aspx)

Is there not a similar system in the US?

oooo dear knew we were missing something lol

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »

3 Guys,  Metal Detctor, Bullet Proof Vests, Pat Down Searches, And I will pay you $100.00 Dollars :o

[This guy is looking for some recommendations as well.
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/evg/2200901468.html]

Regards,  John

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »

Bullet proof vests .. where you working lol

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 12:39:06 AM »

I'm not sure I would be in too much of a hurry to recommend any security at all. That recommendation may just put you in the hot seat in the event there are problems, and you can bet there will be some. Let the promoter do what he's supposed to. If it works out and they provide the security you're all set. If not maybe next year, but at least you won't be occupied with court dates until then. Just some food for thought.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:25 AM »

Good advice ;)

No Name

• SR Forums
    • Stage Electrics UK
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »

I find it amazing that there isnt a national regulatory body in the US for Security Companies.

It seems that, especially given past notorious 'security' related incidents that have occured at public events, this is a major oversight on behalf of the federal goverment.

For instance, if I was to hire a bonafide security company in the UK, I know, with out checking, that they are certified, insured, properly trained and that if there is a security related incident where someone is hurt, in most cases I cant be held responsible. 

In the US you have no idea whether your hiring a professional security provider, or 'Joe' from down the street who used to fight in bars at the weekend and now markets himself as a 'security professional'.  It seems that this would be especially important in the US, given the so called 'law suit' culture, as if anyone got hurt during the event, it could be argued that you didnt provide appropriate security, as 'Joe' hasnt recieved any training. 

Interesting.....
Kind Regards,
Adam Finlayson

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 11:45:08 AM »

I find it amazing that there isnt a national regulatory body in the US for Security Companies.

It seems that, especially given past notorious 'security' related incidents that have occured at public events, this is a major oversight on behalf of the federal goverment.

For instance, if I was to hire a bonafide security company in the UK, I know, with out checking, that they are certified, insured, properly trained and that if there is a security related incident where someone is hurt, in most cases I cant be held responsible. 

In the US you have no idea whether your hiring a professional security provider, or 'Joe' from down the street who used to fight in bars at the weekend and now markets himself as a 'security professional'.  It seems that this would be especially important in the US, given the so called 'law suit' culture, as if anyone got hurt during the event, it could be argued that you didnt provide appropriate security, as 'Joe' hasnt recieved any training. 

Interesting.....

It's that pesky US Constitution... the Federal government has no authority to regulate private security companies that do not operate in Interstate Commerce.  It's up to the individual states and local governments to license and regulate them so long as those firms work within their jurisdictions.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

JonathanSmith

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 10:58:16 PM »

Our little company has been working a two day hippie festival for the past 3 years. Last year we found out that local security company was calling it quits and would no longer be doing crowd control.

So what do most of you guys do for crowd control security. This event is a BYOB camping event , gets a little rough at times.

I have contacted other local security companys in our area and they will not do crowd control.

This event is in Topeka, KS

The guys at 5280 Group are some of the best in the business. 5280group.net

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 10:58:16 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.