ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why scribble strips instead of digital readouts for personal mixers?  (Read 2295 times)

Kerry J. Cox

Just curious if anyone around here has industry insider knowledge and knows why things like Roland's personal mixer have scribble strips instead of being able to pull channel name info from the board and display it.  This seems like a no-brainer, and I can't imagine the cost for a very simple text display could be significant.  Wouldn't this make a lot more sense than having to reprint labels to stick on every week or, worse yet, relabel each one by hand?  I know the Avioms are the same way, but they are getting fairly old and I assume it may not have been practical then.  Or is someone doing this well and I just haven't seen it?
Thanks for any info.
kerry cox
evergreen, co

Thomas Lamb

Re: Why scribble strips instead of digital readouts for personal mixers?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »

Just curious if anyone around here has industry insider knowledge and knows why things like Roland's personal mixer have scribble strips instead of being able to pull channel name info from the board and display it.  This seems like a no-brainer, and I can't imagine the cost for a very simple text display could be significant.  Wouldn't this make a lot more sense than having to reprint labels to stick on every week or, worse yet, relabel each one by hand?  I know the Avioms are the same way, but they are getting fairly old and I assume it may not have been practical then.  Or is someone doing this well and I just haven't seen it?
Thanks for any info.
kerry cox
evergreen, co

I know it seems simple. However, It drives the cost up more than you would think. Before the SC48 came out at least a year or more I was talking to one of the DIGI guys who said they were coming out with it but they were struggling with how to make it compete affordability wise and feature wise with the M7 while still having the look and feel of a VENUE and digital scribble strips was a sticking point.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Why scribble strips instead of digital readouts for personal mixers?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.