ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driverack 260 update  (Read 6576 times)

Joey Breaux

Driverack 260 update
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:33:07 pm »

I have to learn how to use a dbx Driverack 260 better. As usual I've learned just enough to get by until now.

I recently bought new mains and monitors... JBL PRX615M for mains and 4 eon 510 for floor monitors. In anticipation of the new setup I downloaded and installed Driveware v2.6.2 to my laptop. I also downloaded and installed Driverack 260 firmware v1.600 via serial/USB cables to the Driverack.

During setup the closest presets I could find was the PRX 515 and the eon 10G2. What did I miss or is this really the most updated presets?

Joey

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
Re: Driverack 260 update
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:02:56 pm »

I have to learn how to use a dbx Driverack 260 better. As usual I've learned just enough to get by until now.

I recently bought new mains and monitors... JBL PRX615M for mains and 4 eon 510 for floor monitors. In anticipation of the new setup I downloaded and installed Driveware v2.6.2 to my laptop. I also downloaded and installed Driverack 260 firmware v1.600 via serial/USB cables to the Driverack.

During setup the closest presets I could find was the PRX 515 and the eon 10G2. What did I miss or is this really the most updated presets?

Joey
Close is not close enough...use custom and set everything yourself.  Read how to set your gain structure and follow the bouncing ball.   If they dont have your gear listed in the unit dont use
the preset settings.   Set it up custom.  Dont use the RTA wizard.   Use it for PEQ, xover and delay.
Run graphs on FOH. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:37:30 am »

Joey

The PRX are internally processed and powered, as re the Eons.  What do you hope to accomplish with a 2-in, 6-out DSP?
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Joey Breaux

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:36:49 am »

The PRX are internally processed and powered, as re the Eons.  What do you hope to accomplish with a 2-in, 6-out DSP?

OK, maybe I'm not looking at this correctly. My thought was I have to have EQ, compression....

Are you saying I can ditch the DR260 and just run straight from my board to the PRX's and Eon's without any outboard processing at all? This will work for every venue without any outboard eq? I do remember the user manuals referring to the built in Limiters. 

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass here. I'm looking for real answers that will help me keep my system down to a minimum to haul and set-up. Any advice will be appreciated.

Joey

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:39:19 am »

OK, maybe I'm not looking at this correctly. My thought was I have to have EQ, compression....

Are you saying I can ditch the DR260 and just run straight from my board to the PRX's and Eon's without any outboard processing at all? This will work for every venue without any outboard eq? I do remember the user manuals referring to the built in Limiters. 

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass here. I'm looking for real answers that will help me keep my system down to a minimum to haul and set-up. Any advice will be appreciated.

Joey

The driverack is not going to be a very useful as just an outboard EQ. Pick up a few nice graphics for that.

Unless you're crossing your PRX over to subs, you really don't need the 260 in line.

BobWitte

• Soundman, Consultant, Love all things audio
    • Cascading Waters Audio
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »

The driverack is not going to be a very useful as just an outboard EQ. Pick up a few nice graphics for that.

Unless you're crossing your PRX over to subs, you really don't need the 260 in line.

Unless you play at the same venues "again" - you can save your presets. Also if you to use this for a crossover (subs) it comes in handy and if you need to delay any speakers (to align with stage sound or...). The parametrics can also be useful - especially if you have any other audio feeds other than main speakers (fills?). If none of this is worth it, a couple nice graphics are much easier.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.