ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Comb filter  (Read 7473 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: Comb filter
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 06:12:08 PM »

Oh, but it just looks big and loud, so it must be good.

Don't think that doesn't matter to a certain mentality...

The same kind that spec a sound system in watts instead of SPL.

JR

JR
In years past I have had system specs as "number of boxes".  It didn't matter the size-the output-what was in them-just the number of boxes is all that mattered.

Maybe they like the "filtered sound".
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jon R Smith

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »

I have a buddy I do sound with and he has done the same thing and it drives me frick'n nuts, that some guys just don't get it. More speakers of different types don't sound better or produce more sound or throw farther if you stack them, with all of them having different sonic qualities. At least use the same speakers/cabs. I see this all the time in some of the small festivals we do as well. The sound guys or DJ puts out everything they own on the stage. The attached is one that I had the pleasure of chuckl'ing over in the last few weeks. A sideways JBL line array the City Theater did at a local concert in the park.

I like the crown moulding effect myself... :o
Jon

If you haven't seen the future, your not driving fast enough.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »

I have a buddy I do sound with and he has done the same thing and it drives me frick'n nuts, that some guys just don't get it. More speakers of different types don't sound better or produce more sound or throw farther if you stack them, with all of them having different sonic qualities. At least use the same speakers/cabs. I see this all the time in some of the small festivals we do as well. The sound guys or DJ puts out everything they own on the stage. The attached is one that I had the pleasure of chuckl'ing over in the last few weeks. A sideways JBL line array the City Theater did at a local concert in the park.
thats why i use the same amps > qsc 3800 and 3500, same brand and model of hf horns and drivers, same brand and model mid cone speaker , same brand and model woofs so ever thing sounds.........(clap hands once) the same !

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 09:27:34 PM »

Seems like a cheaper way to do this would be to use only one sound system and insert a flanger on the mix bus.

At least, that is what this rig sounded like as I walked sideways from FOH.

:o
Simply looks like a 1970's concert rig setup when no gave a dam about the comb filter issue
for the most part and piled tons (and I do mean tons) of horn loaded boxes next to each other on each side of the stage.  What I dont understand is why the guy just dosnt use the line array and put the subs clustered in the center of the stage and save himself alot of gas hauling with all those other cabs.  I am assuming this is one side of the stage.  Ya know there is alot of people with no clue out there and not just in the audio world

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 09:27:34 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.