ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues related to "UNREAD POSTS" links  (Read 1355 times)

Dan Johnson

• Classic LAB
  • Memphis, TN
Issues related to "UNREAD POSTS" links
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:54:11 pm »

As of today, I am finding that when I click on the "UNREAD POSTS" link next to each forum header, it's not always showing me all the unread posts on the resulting page.  For instance, I just used the "UNREAD POSTS" link for the Sound Reinforcement Forums and after reading through the posts that were presented following that link I went back to the home page only to realize there were some threads in the DJ Forum and the Pro AV Forum that I had never viewed before (they even said "new" next to them) that did not show up on the "UNREAD POSTS" page.

I wondered if they just happened to post after I had clicked on the "UNREAD POSTS" link so I clicked on the link again expecting them to show up there this time.  They still weren't showing up as unread posts.  I have not subscribed to any Membergroups, for the record even, though that should not matter in this case since I am hitting the "UNREAD POSTS" link right next to the Sound Reinforcement Forums header.

As I look at it more, I'm realizing that clicking on "UNREAD POSTS" is taking me to a page titled "Recent Unread Topics".  I don't know what timeframe is considered "recent" but if I then click the link to go to "All Unread Topics" I am getting more results most of which were posted in either today or yesterday.  In my mind those are all still "recent", especially the ones that were posted in today.

Another different but similar issue is that if I'm on the "UNREAD POSTS" page and click on "MARK READ", when I go back to the home page it will sometimes still show that there are new posts in some of those forums.  But when I click on the link to that forum there aren't any threads that are showing as unread.

ProSoundWeb Community

Issues related to "UNREAD POSTS" links
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:54:11 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 23 queries.