ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No injuries - July 23 storm came near end of sound check  (Read 7145 times)

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: No injuries - July 23 storm came near end of sound check
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 04:44:41 pm »

Those are not genie lifts.  They are Global Truss ST180s.  You are significantly over their weight limit with just the KF650s, even worse when you add the weight of the lights!

+1

Hmm... I originally had just a quick glance at the photos, now I'm starting to see some other silly things they missed or that is inappropriate...  like the top boxes should have been hung upside down ..... and...the side fills should have been strapped....etc...

Maybe, you should hire a different Company in the future, or at least until they get a clue.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:48:30 pm by Charlie Zureki »
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Shane Ervin

Re: Bathurst notes
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »

things they missed or that is inappropriate...  like the top boxes should have been hung upside down ..... and...the side fills should have been strapped....etc...

Maybe, you should hire a different Company

I was a sub-vendor to the sound company, not the buyer.

The 4738 (sidefill top: Lo Mid Hi) sits very stably on the 4718 (supplemental Lo) oweing to the deep interlocking corners.  Of course, on any outdoor show sans tent walls, or on any unstable surface I always strap them and indeed I offered to here.  Not expecting the tent to disappear :'(, the client was content with the inherent stability the stack demonstrated.  Moreover, note how, at the 25s mark in the video, it toppled as one.

As to flipping the FoH tops, I was unaware of their orientation.  Aside from a quick walk during CCR's set, I didn't spend any time out front and so can't comment on coverage or combing issues.

Question: wouldn't the location of the HI horn in the middle of the 650e cab, diminish, at least in the HI band, the benefit normally derived from flipping the top?  True, the MF horns would have been better coupled, but that's MF, not HF, and with the bottom row's down tilt he employed there, I'm uncertain as to the extent of any improvement to be had.

They opted for this deployment as an alternative to a delay stack; it was a long tent and the usual festival budget and space compromises must have been at play. [/speculation]

Newer: EAW 8" MicroWedges; QSC PLD 4.2 PLD 4.3; QSC TouchMix-16; UAD Apollo 16; Sennheiser G3 IEM wireless
Older: JBL SR 4738 / SR4718; BSS MiniDrive; Klark Teknik DN-301; Yorkville AP4040 AP2020; Motion Labs Rac Pac;

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 03:09:36 pm »

I was a sub-vendor to the sound company, not the buyer.

The 4738 (sidefill top: Lo Mid Hi) sits very stably on the 4718 (supplemental Lo) oweing to the deep interlocking corners.  Of course, on any outdoor show sans tent walls, or on any unstable surface I always strap them and indeed I offered to here.  Not expecting the tent to disappear :'(, the client was content with the inherent stability the stack demonstrated.  Moreover, note how, at the 25s mark in the video, it toppled as one.

As to flipping the FoH tops, I was unaware of their orientation.  Aside from a quick walk during CCR's set, I didn't spend any time out front and so can't comment on coverage or combing issues.

Question: wouldn't the location of the HI horn in the middle of the 650e cab, diminish, at least in the HI band, the benefit normally derived from flipping the top?  True, the MF horns would have been better coupled, but that's MF, not HF, and with the bottom row's down tilt he employed there, I'm uncertain as to the extent of any improvement to be had.

They opted for this deployment as an alternative to a delay stack; it was a long tent and the usual festival budget and space compromises must have been at play. [/speculation]

All safety comments should be taken into consideration, but I think this thing was going over in that storm no matter what. Not excusing the mistakes, just saying. I am thankful everyone was ok.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 03:09:36 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.